Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah they stabbed Treloar in the back to create enough room to lure over a captain of another club. I don’t buy it. In saying that, they probably did what they did knowing they were a good chance of getting a great player. Just don’t think it’s Bont. He’s not that kind of guy to ditch the team he’s captaining. I’ve heard it could be Petracca.
    I couldn't see Bontempelli doing that - he'll be significantly compensated by us as a true marquee player.

That being said, there's a tipping point where the money is too good to say no to.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is going to throw an offer at Bont. Thats just the reality of AFL footy these days with the great players. We are a well run club in premiership contention & he has a lot of mates at the club so I can see no reason why Bont would want to leave unless we stupidly low ball him.

Merrett from Essendon might be more chance to move.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne fans are nervous it's Oliver.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to see Bont leave at this time. We’re about to be one of the bigger Melbourne clubs for a window of time, he’s captain and he’s got enough media / advertising opportunities on foot without needing to move to the Pies. Plus he doesn’t have sleeves and won’t fit in.

Agree on signing him though. Can’t wait for that announcement ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Hard to see Bont leave at this time. We’re about to be one of the bigger Melbourne clubs for a window of time, he’s captain and he’s got enough media / advertising opportunities on foot without needing to move to the Pies. Plus he doesn’t have sleeves and won’t fit in.

Agree on signing him though. Can’t wait for that announcement ...
    Undefeated, going into the Richmond game and Bont reveals a 7 year deal to stay at the Dogs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes Go_Dogs, Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Williams locked away til 2023

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-at-the-kennel
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Word on the street is Collingwood is putting together a grandfather offer for Bont, trying to lure him away from the Dogs. Can we pleasssseeee resign him already.
    Considering Barrett is even saying no chance I'm not worried at all. He is the #1 at trying to make rubbish stick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Awesome news. He’s becoming the really awesome player that he’s always carried himself as (which is a total compliment and one of the things that immediately impressed me about him).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Great result - such a good player. No frills, no fuss but elite skills and composure.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Become a very important player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Williams has a fair amount of improvement in him as well which is super encouraging!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I probably feel more at ease when Truck has the ball than just about any of our players, Caleb and Bont included. Never coughs it up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I probably feel more at ease when Truck has the ball than just about any of our players, Caleb and Bont included. Never coughs it up.

At least not to anyone nearby. He's never been afraid to just boot the ball out of the vicinity if there's not good options or handballing will just pass on the pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    At least not to anyone nearby. He's never been afraid to just boot the ball out of the vicinity if there's not good options or handballing will just pass on the pressure.
    Yeah, true. He does a good job of weighing up danger levels quickly and rarely tries to chew off too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, true. He does a good job of weighing up danger levels quickly and rarely tries to chew off too much.
    He used to frustrate the hell out of me getting caught holding the ball by not having a sense of urgency in his game, he's quicker now and still just as composed, he doesn't have a panic button
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff