Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119
Results 1,771 to 1,778 of 1778
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

It would be a big lift of energy having Marra's name taken off the list of 'gettable' players. Would love some official news soon on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    What stands out as making it a smart move for Marra?
    Is it that either a 2 year or 4 year deal gives extends him to the point where he's most likely to be able to leverage a career defining deal - by virtue of both his expected improvement and standing in the game coupled with a Tassie team looming and free agency?
    To me the smart move is to get it done early in the season and to end all the speculation. This allows him to focus on his footy.
    If I was him I'd back it in for a 2 year deal and then sign the mega well beyond free agency with a fall back position to sign until FA.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To me the smart move is to get it done early in the season and to end all the speculation. This allows him to focus on his footy.
    If I was him I'd back it in for a 2 year deal and then sign the mega well beyond free agency with a fall back position to sign until FA.
    A two year deal is risky in it's own way. What if this year he got concussed 3 times? If he'd just signed a 4 year deal he has some income protected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    What stands out as making it a smart move for Marra?
    Is it that either a 2 year or 4 year deal gives extends him to the point where he's most likely to be able to leverage a career defining deal - by virtue of both his expected improvement and standing in the game coupled with a Tassie team looming and free agency?
    4 years, then sign on as a Bulldog for life. This guy is critical to our post Bont (shudder) future.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is great news for us as well. We bloody need it after a very ordinary showing in Rd 1 and looking like another ordinary season. To have players leave is just a kick in the balls to us as fans. Keeping them here helps a lot. Good news to read from a very disgruntled fan.

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't be of much a surprise to get both the Marra and Baz Smith deals done albeit for the short term and then would leave just English as one of the higher profile players to get done.
    The list managers role is getting more critical for football clubs and it certainly appears that Sam Power has a good handle on things.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    4 years, then sign on as a Bulldog for life. This guy is critical to our post Bont (shudder) future.
    You rang Dobie.

11. Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It wouldn't be of much a surprise to get both the Marra and Baz Smith deals done albeit for the short term and then would leave just English as one of the higher profile trades
    Fixed that for you.
    "It's over. It's all over."