Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 33 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I like Scott's intensity. You can see it in his eyes when he is on the boundary line. Very focus footballer, and shows his prepared to get the maximum out of his efforts. I can really see him develop into a key midfielder as his AFL experience grows.

Fantastic pickup.
    Lachie McNeil and Anthony Scott are different players

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lachie McNeil stealing the ball off Gaff and going dead-horse towards our goals with VDM in tow, the hand off and the goal was something I won't ever forget, that play alone showed me that McNeil deserves his spot in our side.

Great to see him for another 2 years, good work lad.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Can see Lachie improving each year and having a good career with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo says Gardner has been resigned for two years?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Doc26, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo says Gardner has been resigned for two years?
    I'm not unhappy with that. He's shown growth, and with the paucity of key defender options on our list ,his re-signing is a good list management decision.
    Good on him too. Coming as a mid season draft recruit, having a really horror start to his career, he's shown some really good development.

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner deal done already. My powers if deduction tell me Young is off to one of 17 other AFL clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Gardner deal done already. My powers if deduction tell me Young is off to one of 17 other AFL clubs.
    Or a VFL one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Lachie McNeil and Anthony Scott are different players
    Thanks for the pickup , hilarious I got the 2 mixed up My eye sight is getting poorer every year .

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner extends until 2023

Emerging key defender Ryan Gardner has signed on with the Western Bulldogs until the end of 2023.

The 24-year-old has committed to a two-year contract extension.

Gardner’s elevation to AFL football was a whirlwind – he was recruited by the Bulldogs in the 2019 mid-season draft from the Footscray VFL program and made his AFL debut the same week.

He has played five senior games this year, missing a large part of the season due to a shoulder injury.

Gardner said it was exciting to have another two years ahead of him at the Kennel to continue his development.

“It’s great to have another couple of years. It’s been a really enjoyable time and a great bunch of boys, which is really helping me to strive to be better,” Gardner said.

“Confidence is the main thing for me. To be able to play those 10 games last year, I came into this season feeling a lot more confident in my ability. Putting another pre-season on the board down back with the team was really good as well.

“(Defensive coach) Rohan Smith has been really good for my development – helping me to get better in my position and understand everything I need to do out there.

“For me now it’s just making sure each week I’m consistent and keep striving to get better and better each week.”

Gardner initially spent three years on Geelong’s list (2016-2018) without making his senior debut.

He has featured 17 times as a Bulldog at AFL level over the past three seasons, tasked with trying to restrict some of the game’s best forwards.

“We were really pleased with Ryan’s progress in the back half of 2020 and he started strongly this year before his shoulder injury,” General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said.

“He’s disciplined in the role he plays and team-oriented in his approach to the game. Ryan’s positioning and ability to help his teammates are strong attributes he brings to our defensive group.

“As a young key defender, Ryan has had some important roles to play for us. He is still only early in his career and we believe he has plenty of development ahead of him.”

12. Thanks Eastdog, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, Max469, azabob, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On ya Gardy!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. We all doubted his ability, but he is consistent and does what the coaches ask of him.

I am sure he will continue to improve as he matures and gets more games under his belt.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. We all doubted his ability
    Speak for yourself. I’ve always been a fan!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. We all doubted his ability, but he is consistent and does what the coaches ask of him.

I am sure he will continue to improve as he matures and gets more games under his belt.
    I read that in his 2 games back he has lost just 1 one on one contest.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have quite liked how Ryan Gardner has gone about. Hope to see more improvement.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Speak for yourself. I’ve always been a fan!

I never doubted. I am doubting this reported prison they’re being kept in though!

20. Likes EasternWest, SquirrelGrip liked this post