Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Just saw on FB that Lin Jong has retired. No details supplied just a post from the Dogs saying Lin Jong has called time.

Post Thanks / Like

Just couldn’t get his body right

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

wooohoooo go Marra
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Massive signing. HUGE. Dodo just vomited in his mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Marra has showed great signs for a young KPF coupled with the pressure of the number 1 tag as well. Super talent
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Where’s that mark Sam Edmund at?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two more for Ugle-Hagan

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan has signed on with the Western Bulldogs for two more years.

The 19-year-old key forward – last year’s number one draft pick – has extended his contract at the Kennel until the end of 2024.

Ugle-Hagan made his AFL debut in round 17 against Sydney and has now played four consecutive games at the level, kicking six goals.

He said it was an easy decision to recommit to the Bulldogs.

“It’s an unreal moment and I’m excited to re-sign for another two years,” Ugle-Hagan said.

“I’ve got time to develop as a player and person on and off the field, so it’s good to stay around at the Kennel. They gave me the opportunity to come here in the first place and I’d love to give back to the club.

“It still doesn’t feel real (playing AFL), I’m still getting used to the team around me. You watch these guys on TV and now you’re playing with them.

“It was a massive step up. With not playing a game (last year), I had to get my game fitness up which obviously affected my start of the year.

“It’s a good thing that I played VFL, because I know I’ve got room to improve. Obviously Bevo knew what he was doing and put me in the twos for a while… I’ve developed, got better and now I’m playing (AFL) which is good.”

Ugle-Hagan was the Bulldogs’ first number one draft pick since Brownlow Medal winner Adam Cooney (2003) and the first Indigenous player taken at number one since Des Headland (1998).

He is a product of the Bulldogs’ Next Generation Academy and hails from Framlingham, an Indigenous community near Warrnambool in south-west Victoria.

Ugle-Hagan’s draft year was interrupted by Covid – and he spent the first half of this season playing for Footscray in the VFL, kicking 13 goals from seven games to earn an AFL call-up.

“We’ve been really pleased with Jamarra’s development over the course of the season,” General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said.

“He didn’t play any football last year and has worked extremely hard to build his fitness base, develop his game through the VFL and break into a strong AFL team.

“Jamarra has shown plenty of encouraging signs at AFL level. His athleticism, agility and marking ability have been on display, and he’s made the most of his opportunities in front of goal.

“We’re excited to have him locked in until the end of 2024 and look forward to watching him develop.”

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like we went from donut day to lockdown in 24 hours we have gone from JUH being traded at the end of this year to locked away until 2024.

12. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Just like we went from donut day to lockdown in 24 hours we have gone from JUH being traded at the end of this year to locked away until 2024.
    Axeman, never has anyone entered my consciousness like you managed with that post

Post Thanks / Like

Love this.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Great signature to get. Thata boy Marra.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Marra commit
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeemak, all these signatures including Marra, Libba, Bont, Flea, Garcia down to Gardner and Butler. Are we missing anyone? I think so, but I can’t put a finger on it. I must be over excited from all this Simply Red I’m listening to.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hey Jeemak, all these signatures including Marra, Libba, Bont, Flea, Garcia down to Gardner and Butler. Are we missing anyone? I think so, but I can’t put a finger on it. I must be over excited from all this Simply Red I’m listening to.
    Some serious schadenfreude on your part hoping that Richards leaves.
    More of an In Bruges guy?