Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 64 of 121 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I took it to mean that he, like English and Daniel, is engaged in talks with the club, but at the same time it still annoyed me for some reason?
    It does suggest that talks are happening but are not close unlike the players mentioned previously. Question is are we finalising other first or is he stonewalling us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Jon Ralph says

Tim English isn’t far from a new deal, Caleb Daniel is inching closer too and Bailey Dale wants to stay even if rivals would offer more.

Josh Dunkley is in his own contact talks and while Bailey Smith’s talks haven’t started there is absolutely no suggestion his future isn’t at the Dogs.
    Let's get Baz's talks underway.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniel inks four-year deal

Premiership Bulldog and Charles Sutton Medallist Caleb Daniel has put pen to paper on a four-year contract extension, keeping him at the Kennel until at least 2026.

The 25-year-old has played 146 games for the Club since being selected from Edwardstown/South Adelaide, with pick 46 in the 2014 national draft.

Daniel is enjoying an outstanding start to 2022, averaging 24.5 disposals, 5.1 marks and 4.3 rebound 50s per game.

He was crowned Club Champion in 2020 and added a maiden All Australian blazer to his accolades in that same season.

Daniel said he was excited to commit his long-term future to Whitten Oval.

“I am really excited to sign on at the Club for the next four years,” Daniel said.

“I’ve built some amazing friendships at this football club and am incredibly grateful to pull on the jumper each week with this group.

“As a club, we’ve had lot of success over recent times but we’re extremely hungry to improve and continually drive each other to be better.”

Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, said it was pleasing to secure Daniel’s services for another four seasons.

"Caleb is not only a key member of our playing group but a quality individual who is a big part of the future of the Western Bulldogs,” Power said.

“He has established himself as an extremely consistent performer over a number of years and we are thrilled to extend his contract for a further four seasons at the Club.

“His professionalism and ability to impact matches from defence has been exceptional, with his growth being rewarded by the Club, named in the leadership group for this season.

“A long-term commitment demonstrates the confidence that Caleb has in the direction of the Club, as the Bulldogs push for success on and off the field for years to come.”

5. Thanks jeemak, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant news.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to have some good news out of the club today.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Great news
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, not sure he's had an 'outstanding' season but alas .... journalism.

I'd like to see him moved further up the ground to become more damaging.
    W00F!

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about my favourite player to watch when he’s really sizzling. Love everything about him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Happy Days, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Days won't like this. Daniel is constantly EXPOSED did you know he was short the little man?

On another note, it still blows my mind how cheaply we got a guy who is an out and out jet, and 4 years is a good indication of the faith he's repaying to the club.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com reporting that Dale has signed a five year deal.

Far out that is a long contract for a player who has played elite football for only 2 years across his entire career combined.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Far out that is a long contract for a player who has played elite football for only 2 years across his entire career combined.
    Worth it I think. He’s only getting better and gotta think there’s a fair amount of interest out there for him. Plus maybe it’s letting us move some cash around.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are happy that Daniel gets a 4yr deal then we should be equally as happy that Dale gets 5... but I thought we would've learnt our lesson after giving out long deals to other like players over the past 6-7 years which haven't worked out all that well.

But maybe you need to offer long deals to keep the peace??

Post Thanks / Like

Worth five years absolute gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Worth it I think. He’s only getting better and gotta think there’s a fair amount of interest out there for him. Plus maybe it’s letting us move some cash around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If we are happy that Daniel gets a 4yr deal then we should be equally as happy that Dale gets 5... but I thought we would've learnt our lesson after giving out long deals to other like players over the past 6-7 years which haven't worked out all that well.

But maybe you need to offer long deals to keep the peace??
    Opposition clubs would've offered five year deals.

And maybe you and happy days are correct; 5 years keeps the peace and we may be spreading the money around to suit other contract discussions.
    More of an In Bruges guy?