Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Interesting looking back at that 2021 Grand Final team. 12 of them didn't play in the last round against Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Proves it wasn't a real season.
    Uncharitable.

What more does a role player who always gave his all have to do to earn your love?
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    First goal. Beat a few Demons in this passage https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1441...887596549?s=20
    I think that?s the first clip/highlight I?ve watched of that match since the night.

I actually feel a little ill.

Great goal though.

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I think that?s the first clip/highlight I?ve watched of that match since the night.

I actually feel a little ill.

Great goal though.
    Same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Uncharitable.

What more does a role player who always gave his all have to do to earn your love?
    Do it in a real season. That was tongue in cheek...i love Rourke.

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs wingman signs new deal after mid-season lifeline

MID-SEASON recruit Caleb Poulter has signed a two-year contract extension just three months after earning a second chance at the Western Bulldogs.

The 20-year-old earned a shot in Luke Beveridge's side for the first time in round 16 and held his spot across the final nine games of the season.

Poulter was delisted by Collingwood at the end of 2022 after managing 12 appearances across two seasons.

The South Australian signed with Footscray in the VFL rather than returning home and was rewarded for that decision when the Bulldogs selected him at pick No.10 in June's Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

With Lachie Hunter departing during last year's trade period, Poulter grasped a vacant spot on the wing in the closing stages of the season, producing patches that showed he can play a role in 2024 and beyond.

With his AFL season over, Poulter starred in Footscray's 79-point VFL win over Casey on Saturday, collecting 27 disposals, 15 marks and three goals at Box Hill City Oval.

The Dogs have made two list changes to date with Josh Bruce retiring after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament and Mitch Hannan not earning another contract after rupturing his Achilles tendon in August.

10. Thanks The Doctor thanked for this post
    Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some concerns on Poulter, but he's deserving of a chance and has some nice attributes. Good luck to him.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Rookie spot. Minimum wage.

We’ve done plenty worse. Let’s see if he can tidy his game up a bit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I have some concerns on Poulter, but he's deserving of a chance and has some nice attributes. Good luck to him.
    He's got a lot to improve on and for me he doesn't quite read the play that well. On occasions he handballs to when his team are not where they're going to be when the ball arrives causing them to stop and come under more pressure from the opposition.

Lets see how he goes with another full pre-season behind him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's got a lot to improve on and for me he doesn't quite read the play that well. On occasions he handballs to when his team are not where they're going to be when the ball arrives causing them to stop and come under more pressure from the opposition.

Lets see how he goes with another full pre-season behind him.
    I noticed that as well in a few games his played in the WC game on 2 occasions which I watched live.

I am very positive on him as he got some good basic skills you can work on.
    I think with say 5%-10?% improvement he could be a good solid player .
    Last edited by macca; 04-09-2023 at 10:35 PM.

16. Likes josie, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I noticed that as well in a few games his played in the WC game on 2 occassions which I watched live.

I am very positive on him as he got some got some good basics.
    I think with say 5%-10?% improvement he could be a good solid player .
    We should be confident that he's been a good selection and that he's got scope to improve but like a lot of youngsters he's got some areas to focus on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We should be confident that he's been a good selection and that he's got scope to improve but like a lot of youngsters he's got some areas to focus on.
    Jury definitely out on this one. Hopefully to be proven wrong but like a lot of supporters just not sure. Has a penetrating left foot but it his decision making that is a great concern. Looks at home in the 2's but when he goes to the next level just not so sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Jury definitely out on this one. Hopefully to be proven wrong but like a lot of supporters just not sure. Has a penetrating left foot but it his decision making that is a great concern. Looks at home in the 2's but when he goes to the next level just not so sure.
    Well I thought he did ok considering he joined the seniors late in the season and he had to learn the game plan and the way his team mates play.

He is only 20 years old and played 20 games plus 1 as sub. Let's see how he goes next year after a full preseason with the seniors.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes josie, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well I thought he did ok considering he joined the seniors late in the season and he had to learn the game plan and the way his team mates play.

He is only 20 years old and played 20 games plus 1 as sub. Let's see how he goes next year after a full preseason with the seniors.
    The thing with Poulter, he did miss his teammates but to my naked eye more often than not I thought that is where his teammate should’ve been. He loves to run forward and always have the ball moving forward. He isn’t one for going backwards or sideways.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes josie, Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The thing with Poulter, he did miss his teammates but to my naked eye more often than not I thought that is where his teammate should’ve been. He loves to run forward and always have the ball moving forward. He isn’t one for going backwards or sideways.
    He certainly didn't go back on Saturday playing on the wing. His opponent kicked 5 goals.