Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He certainly didn't go back on Saturday playing on the wing. His opponent kicked 5 goals.
    Very true. I think we needed to sign him, we have a few wingman on our list but all have significant flaws.

Hopefully with a pre season under his belt he will understand our game plan and help with his decision making.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Truck signed on for 4 years to end 2027. Good result, he has a lot of talent.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    That is great news. Was concerned he wouldn’t be with us. At 25 has lots of good years ahead. Just needs to be more consistent.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a long deal for Truck. He has been durable with 23, 22 and 23 games in his last three years. He has been solid without really shooting the lights out since the 2021 GF.

Generous deal in length IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy with that. He's certainly talented and falls into the bucket of someone who I think we can get a lot more out of.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm 4…I might’ve gone with 3.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Hmm 4…I might’ve gone with 3.
    I would've preferred 3 as well. Maybe even 2 better than 4 but ultimately I'd prefer to keep him than lose him. He's got a great skill set and is quite versatile. Just needs to use his physicality a lot more and, like many of our mid tier players, step up another level. I think he's capable of reaching another level or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I would've preferred 3 as well. Maybe even 2 better than 4 but ultimately I'd prefer to keep him than lose him. He's got a great skill set and is quite versatile. Just needs to use his physicality a lot more and, like many of our mid tier players, step up another level. I think he's capable of reaching another level or 2.
    I think he’s one of those players that’s it’s all between the ears. If he wants to do the hard things, get his body where it needs to be, find a position that suits his talents and he’s on the team page with gameplan etc, then yeah he could be anything. He’s showed he’s got talent, but now it’s becoming a first 10 picked in the 22 every week.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I think he’s one of those players that’s it’s all between the ears. If he wants to do the hard things, get his body where it needs to be, find a position that suits his talents and he’s on the team page with gameplan etc, then yeah he could be anything. He’s showed he’s got talent, but now it’s becoming a first 10 picked in the 22 every week.
    Yeah we have many players like that. Between the ears and not enough physicality/intensity, concentration and willingness to do the 1%ers. To me, changing that will be the difference between success and stagnation. I think we've got too many players in this category for it to be a personnel issue. I think it's likely more down to coaching/gameplan but what the hell would I know.

11. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's one I would've shopped. Maybe they did and had no bites.
    Feel like he kind of epitomises the current side.

Things are going his way he looks like Darren Jarman. If they're not he looks like Darren Jarman. Now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Things are going his way he looks like Darren Jarman. If they're not he looks like Darren Jarman. Now.
    As a RFA, our best return would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. At 25yo I'd rather keep him.

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree but we have so many guys like this that if we think it's a personnel issue we'd have to flip over half the side which means full rebuild. Club won't want that with Bont at his peak. I'd prefer to give the guys another shot under a new regime but looks like we'll have to hope we get a new regime under the existing one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    4 years is way overs given what he has delivered. We should rate his durability, versatility, skills and overall potential but on displayed form he plateaued as a player and it's hard to say his best football is still in front of him.

I hope he proves me wrong.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He was a free agent so I doubt we would have given him 4 years if nobody was interested. Re-signing free agents tends to come at a premium in terms of $$$ or years or both since other clubs are willing to offer more without having to give up a draft pick.

Impossible to know what kind of compensation we could have received if he did leave but I'm guessing it would have been at the lower end of the scale.

18. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He was a free agent so I doubt we would have given him 4 years if nobody was interested. Re-signing free agents tends to come at a premium in terms of $$$ or years or both since other clubs are willing to offer more without having to give up a draft pick.

Impossible to know what kind of compensation we could have received if he did leave but I'm guessing it would have been at the lower end of the scale.
    Ah didn't know re FA. If only.... You know.

Thanks.