Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Williams received some higher offers , also long term from other clubs Or so I heard

2. Thanks hujsh, bulldogsthru&thru, azabob, bornadog, josie, The Doctor thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Williams received some higher offers , also long term from other clubs Or so I heard
    Thanks. Makes sense why we offered 4 then. Good to see he chose to stay with us as well. With rumours of Naughton and Marra signing extensions soon it doesn't seem like there is unrest amongst the players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Good to hear from you TT and thank you for the update on Williams. Glad he chose to stay
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph

Dogs utility Taylor Duryea should get another deal but the Dogs still have to make decisions on Hayden Crozier, Buku Khamis, Roarke Smith and Toby McLean.

McLean has real talent and is an unrestricted free agent, while Tim O’Brien will likely get another one-year deal.

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph

The two-year deal for Sweet has been in front of him for some time.

But not only is Tim English in career-best form, there is a chance Sam Darcy will eventually turn into a ruckman, who can play at either end.

West Coast is one of the clubs interested in Sweet but consider the turbulence in the ruck market.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Jon Ralph

Dogs utility Taylor Duryea should get another deal but the Dogs still have to make decisions on Hayden Crozier, Buku Khamis, Roarke Smith and Toby McLean.

McLean has real talent and is an unrestricted free agent, while Tim O’Brien will likely get another one-year deal.
    All those players should be moved on imo.

McLean happy to keep as insurance on a cheap deal. O'Brien should not be getting another deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    All those players should be moved on imo.

McLean happy to keep as insurance on a cheap deal. O'Brien's should not be getting another deal.
    Tim is a bust I am afraid. His injuries never helped him.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

TOB another year? Insanity.

Duryea is done despite being a good player in the past.
    W00F!

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Jon Ralph

Sammy Power has flagged that there won't be a lot of changes to the list given we are only looking to draft in 2 to 4 players and I assume add 2 more via trades.

If that holds true then there will be a few 1 year deals offered to the players coming out of contract.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Sammy Power has flagged that there won't be a lot of changes to the list given we are only looking to draft in 2 to 4 players and I assume add 2 more via trades.

If that holds true then there will be a few 1 year deals offered to the players coming out of contract.
    Hard to understand our refusal to turn the list over.

Do we really think the answer to our problems is to chuck more senior support around Bevo? It's worrying.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Do we really think the answer to our problems is to chuck more senior support around Bevo? It's worrying.
    Yes. Yes we do.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How many do you want turned over and where do the picks come from? Last year was 8 and the year before 6.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yes. Yes we do.
    I certainly believe that a better performance in the overall coaching and game day effort would have us improve significantly.

Changing the playing personnel won't help if we continue to defend poorly and bomb forward.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I certainly believe that a better performance in the overall coaching and game day effort would have us improve significantly.

Changing the playing personnel won't help if we continue to defend poorly and bomb forward.
    I think it’s a bit of everything. So we now see what we do with the player aspect.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

TOB another year? Insanity.

Duryea is done despite being a good player in the past.
    Couldn't agree more.
    O'Brien was a very ordinary pick up.

Doc has been good for us, but we have to look at other options now. Hopefully JJ can stay healthy next year, and I think we have to give Cleary a decent run at it and work out if he is a player. I think Cleary might be ok.