Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 117 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    By my reckoning we currently have

2 Primary list spots available which will be used on Pick 6 and Croft

Out: Bruce, Hannan, O'Brien, McLean, Sweet = 5 off

In: Coffield, Harmes, Scott (upgrade) = 3 on

2 Rookie spots open following the delisting of McComb and Scott being upgraded to the primary list.

Has Taylor Duryea been confirmed as signing up for another year? If So, it leaves Crozier and Bedendo to be determined. Some of the talk from Twomey indicated we would likely be taking 4 picks to the draft which would mean these 2 would have to be delisted.

If we delist Rourke and McNeill (I think we should let them go) we could go to the draft with 4 picks in the National draft and up to 4 in the rookie draft.
    We should let go all of Roarke, McNeil, Croz and Bedendo as its time for a refresh

Post Thanks / Like

2 Rookie spots open following the delisting of McComb and Scott being upgraded to the primary list.

Has Taylor Duryea been confirmed as signing up for another year? If So, it leaves Crozier and Bedendo to be determined. Some of the talk from Twomey indicated we would likely be taking 4 picks to the draft which would mean these 2 would have to be delisted.

If we delist Rourke and McNeill (I think we should let them go) we could go to the draft with 4 picks in the National draft and up to 4 in the rookie draft.
    I think that's all correct other than the fact you can have 4, 5 or 6 category A rookies, so we can play around with that if we wish. That's why I just refer to open list spots.

Nothing official on Duryea but it seems more than likely he has or will sign a 1 year deal.

From an article on AFL website:

Anthony Scott is expected to be upgraded at the Western Bulldogs
    It's also worth noting that if Lual goes undrafted we can pick him up as a category B rookie which will give us an additional list spot.

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By my reckoning, just checking the rules, 10.11.3 indicated we can elevate rookies between the ND & RD. If this is still the case, we can elevate Scott after the ND and not include him for the purposes of list spots/picks with points.

So we are a net 3 spots on the main list, if that?s still current. We need more spots open for picks with points to use.

McNeil & Roarke must be delisted or promoted having expired their maximum term of three years, so we will have four vacancies on the rookie list.

I think we need to delist Dom & Croz to take the open spots to 5. But I?d like 7 spots.

I?m trying to find the exact rule, but the AFEL don?t make it easy for the average Joe to access them all. But I seem to now recall there?s leeway of two extra picks if your rookie list is larger than 4. We are six. So if this is the rule, after delisting Dom & Croz (5 net spots), we could take it 7 picks with points for strategic reasons. Pick 5 and then the 6 others to cover Croft & Lual if he slides. (Or we formally rebalance the list and change it back at list lodgement)

From there the 5 net spots are the four picks and Scott elevated between drafts. Then we do a list lodgement and unfortunately we still six rookie list spots, despite taking the buffer of two into the ND.

Then it?s Baker & Poulter (JOD stays Cat B if that?s our agreement with him). Then four rookie list spots. Which I guess breaks down two picks, an SSP (DFA) and a MSD spot left open.

The thing I?d love to know from Power would be how many picks he wants to take in for points. He acquired 5 later picks this period so it?s at least 6 (Pick 5 plus these five traded in picks). But whether he?d like to take in 69 as well which will come in a heap. That could allow for some live trading flexibility.

I?m not really sure why Dom & Croz haven?t been cut yet, if Duryea has been extended.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Dogs 24/7, GVGjr, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

✍️ The Western Bulldogs have re-signed veteran small defender Taylor Duryea [@JoshGabelich]

�� Follow @TheSaltyBulldog on Twitter

I haven't seen anything official but this is the closest.

I would have kept Scott on the RL. We'll be wanting his head at the end of 2024 and will be stuck with him. Bad move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    ✍️ The Western Bulldogs have re-signed veteran small defender Taylor Duryea [@JoshGabelich]

�� Follow @TheSaltyBulldog on Twitter

I haven't seen anything official but this is the closest.

I would have kept Scott on the RL. We'll be wanting his head at the end of 2024 and will be stuck with him. Bad move.
    I don't think we have a choice with Scott as he has to be upgraded after 3 years on the rookie list and being contracted until the end of 2025.

Post Thanks / Like

Bedendo remains in red, white and blue

Bulldogs utility Dom Bedendo will continue his career in the red, white and blue after signing a one-year contract extension tying him to the Club until the end of the 2024 season.

Injury prevented the 21-year-old from adding to his two games in 2022, after being selected at Pick 55 in the 2020 National Draft from the Murray Bushrangers.

The youngster made his debut against the Lions in Round 16, 2022.

Bulldogs General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power was pleased for Bedendo to remain at the Club.

“Dom hasn’t had much luck with injury over the past 12 months, but we feel he’s got real growth in his game heading into 2024,” Power said.

“He has shown glimpses throughout his games at VFL and AFL level and will benefit from a full pre-season, beginning in November.

“Dom’s athletic traits and ability to compete in the air will hold him in good stead as he aims for more regular football next season.”

Bedendo’s re-signing completes the Bulldogs on-field changes in the lead up to the National and Rookie Drafts in late November.

9. Thanks azabob, bornadog, josie, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bedendo remains in red, white and blue

Bulldogs utility Dom Bedendo will continue his career in the red, white and blue after signing a one-year contract extension tying him to the Club until the end of the 2024 season.

Injury prevented the 21-year-old from adding to his two games in 2022, after being selected at Pick 55 in the 2020 National Draft from the Murray Bushrangers.

The youngster made his debut against the Lions in Round 16, 2022.

Bulldogs General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power was pleased for Bedendo to remain at the Club.

“Dom hasn’t had much luck with injury over the past 12 months, but we feel he’s got real growth in his game heading into 2024,” Power said.

“He has shown glimpses throughout his games at VFL and AFL level and will benefit from a full pre-season, beginning in November.

“Dom’s athletic traits and ability to compete in the air will hold him in good stead as he aims for more regular football next season.”

Bedendo’s re-signing completes the Bulldogs on-field changes in the lead up to the National and Rookie Drafts in late November.
    I’m happy about that , he is extremely good in the air .
    If we can get all these talls and great markers of the ball to come together the ball will never hit the ground.
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes EasternWest, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ok with this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Still young, so let's see how he goes.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a couple week period in the VFL where he showed he could find the ball (24 touches and 21) and that's what he'll need to improve on and do regularly to get in to the AFL team IMO. Hopeful that he can

15. Likes Eastdog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New Western Bulldogs vice-captain Tom Liberatore?s reward for his remarkable consistency is likely to be a new one-year contract before the start of the season.

Liberatore?s talks are set to ramp up next week after another exceptional 2023 in which he again recorded a top-four best-and-fairest finish, this time runner-up to Marcus Bontempelli.

Liberatore?s wild days ? and resulting contract impasses ? are behind him and while the Dogs extractor only 31 he still has plenty of one-year contracts ahead of him.

The Dogs have already signed up Aaron Naughton on an eight-year deal, so Liberatore?s signature would continue that momentum.

This masthead reported last week Tim English was in no hurry to sign a new free agency deal, with Bailey Smith?s future set to be decided at year?s end.

So rewarding Liberatore makes sense given he has also found remarkable durability, having missed one two games in the past three seasons.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan wants to stay at the Dogs but will be due a massive salary rise and might want to maximise his value by pushing talks back.

Link

17. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He certainly deserves it. I like seeing some of the deals done quickly.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Would be very good to get an unexpected early signature of JUH. I think we need one of JUH, English or Bailey Smith to sign on relatively early. I don't think we want to go into the off-season with 3 big names available to be poached.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Would be very good to get an unexpected early signature of JUH. I think we need one of JUH, English or Bailey Smith to sign on relatively early. I don't think we want to go into the off-season with 3 big names available to be poached.
    Wouldn't that put a lot of wind into the membership sales to land some of the good news stories with player retention's?
    Marra would be the highest of all priorities.

21. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund
    @Sammy__Edmund

27m
    TOM Liberatore is closing in on another contract extension at the Western Bulldogs. Liberatore is poised to sign a one-year deal that will carry him through until the end of 2025.
    The midfielder signed a one-year contract this time last year and is as prolific as ever. @1116sen

23. Likes angelopetraglia, Smads57 liked this post