Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 16 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You should sticky this thread, Axe
    Can we start a thread about piling on idiots who don't realise its a sticky thread?

I've just checked futystats.deepweb and they say Billy is secured until 2022 can we verify this?

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Can we start a thread about piling on idiots who don't realise its a sticky thread?

I've just checked futystats.deepweb and they say Billy is secured until 2022 can we verify this?
    Nah, its much more fun watching Axeman have his gears grinded.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You should sticky this thread, Axe
    Makes sense to, quiet logically actually. Wonder why it hasn't been?

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Gowers is out of contract at the end of the year, I know because I have the individual days marked out on a giant whiteboard hanging in my living room.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Makes sense to, quiet logically actually. Wonder why it hasn't been?
    Funnily enough I always go to the new posts page and never seen the threads so I would miss this if i wanted to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Funnily enough I always go to the new posts page and never seen the threads so I would miss this if i wanted to check it out.
    Same as me. Its the only way to keep up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nah, its much more fun watching Axeman have his gears grinded.
    I'm going to persist with this gag until Axe responds. Then I'm going to persist harder.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

In response to this insubordination I'm going to pay a Russian hacker (need to be careful with the spelling there) to produce a legitimate looking article on the Bulldogs website announcing 10 year deals for Gowers and Gardner.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to persist with this gag until Axe responds. Then I'm going to persist harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    In response to this insubordination I'm going to pay a Russian hacker (need to be careful with the spelling there) to produce a legitimate looking article on the Bulldogs website announcing 10 year deals for Gowers and Gardner.
    Got him!

Joke's on you. I want both those guys on long term contracts.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly Grantyghost has already found the russian hacker just ask him for the details.

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a resource.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So what is actually going on with our re-signings at the moment? A lot of clubs starting to re-sign key talent, I don’t think I’ve heard anything about our players in months now.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    So what is actually going on with our re-signings at the moment? A lot of clubs starting to re-sign key talent, I don’t think I’ve heard anything about our players in months now.
    AFL has put a restriction to all contract signings. Not sure if it is totally lifted. Axeman - help
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    AFL has put a restriction to all contract signings. Not sure if it is totally lifted. Axeman - help
    Contracts were frozen in March because of Covid - no contracts could be signed. I believe this was lifted in late July as part of the AFLPA negotiations in extending the hub stays.

Since then there has been a few reported re-signings but I haven't seen anything more than a trickle. I would imagine it is still quite difficult for clubs to commit without knowing the size of playing lists and the salary cap.

I think we were quite fortunate that most of our key re-signings were done before the contract freeze. I don't think there are too many concerns about who is left. We should be able to re-sign who we want from here.

22. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Contracts were frozen in March because of Covid - no contracts could be signed. I believe this was lifted in late July as part of the AFLPA negotiations in extending the hub stays.

Since then there has been a few reported re-signings but I haven't seen anything more than a trickle. I would imagine it is still quite difficult for clubs to commit without knowing the size of playing lists and the salary cap.

I think we were quite fortunate that most of our key re-signings were done before the contract freeze. I don't think there are too many concerns about who is left. We should be able to re-sign who we want from here.
    Also noticed a lot are ones who had performance Based extensions.
    Bring back the biff