Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Further to the above:

Josh Dunkley is certain to remain at the Western Bulldogs next year and beyond as the club closes in on Tom Liberatore’s signature.

The Dogs this week re-signed Marcus Bontempelli, with CEO Ameet Bains saying he chose a four-year deal over a longer tenure so he did not get stale and complacent.

Now the club will move onto a deal for free agent Liberatore, and also hopes to re-sign ruckman Tim English and wingman Bailey Smith before their deals expire next year.

The Dogs put an initial offer to Liberatore’s management and have now received a counter-offer that they are considering.

That deal is for two years despite the Dogs initially offering only one season given Liberatore’s injury history, with the star extractor turning 29 earlier this month.

A two-year deal would see Liberatore sign with the club rather than going to the market and considering rival offers.

Dunkley officially requested a trade over the off-season, with the hardworking Dog disillusioned with aspects of the club and keen to move to Essendon.

Essendon will not rule out having another crack at Dunkley, with Bains saying recently he “absolutely” expected rivals to come again for the mid-forward.

But Dunkley, now out with shoulder surgery, started the season on fire as he quickly developed a close relationship with Adam Treloar.

He is understood to have been satisfied not only with his own rule under Luke Beveridge winning more midfield time, but the club’s growing maturity.

Like many clubs the Dogs struggled with their focus and professionalism at times in the hub, with Dunkley seen to be frustrated with some teammates.

The entire club’s focus has been razor-sharp this year, with sacrifices including Josh Bruce’s dedication to go 100 days without drinking to help him snap back into form.

Dunkley told Triple M in early May “I feel like my future is settled”.

But while players can make public statements under pressure Dunkley is genuinely excited about his future at the club, where he is contracted to 2022.

Link

2. Thanks Grantysghost, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Signing them all, and with Bont last week would be such a vote of confidence in what is being built.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Signing them all, and with Bont last week would be such a vote of confidence in what is being built.
    It'd be nice to get some early work done on next years group.

Jason Johannisen: 2022
    Jack Macrae: 2022
    Toby McLean: 2022
    Josh Dunkley: 2022
    Caleb Daniel: 2022
    Tim English: 2022

Rhylee West: 2022
    Bailey Dale: 2022
    Alex Keath: 2022

Josh Schache: 2022
    Bailey Smith: 2022
    Easton Wood: 2022
    Mitch Hannan: 2022
    Jamarra Ugle-Hagan: 2022
    Dominic Bedendo: 2022

5. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What would Bazlenka be worth on the trade table?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Rankine.

That’s for you Doctor.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ask Jeemak to start a thread.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A very very good CHB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    A very very good CHB.
    I'm listening...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

A very very good CHB.
    Like whom?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm listening...
    Baz surplus to needs or a lower ceiling than you anticipated? He seems a bit half-arsed at the moment.

Re. CHB it's slim pickings in the un-contracted player space we'll ned to pry someone out and a player like Baz could do it - I hear Marcus Adams is gettable.

Didn't Mabior Chol re-sign last week?

Post Thanks / Like

Mans is 20 and has shown maybe more than any other mid we've had at the same age (one obvious exception). What are we doing here.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes Topdog, EasternWest, Bulldog4life, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Like whom?
    Good question.

Pure fantasy but young players I like who have a high ceiling are Charlie Ballard (extended forever), Noah Balta (think he re-signed?), Tom McCartin (re-signed recently?). I like Luke Jackson and I like Taylin Dumin, Vic boy, as a bigger Easton Wood replacement. I like Barrass but he's way too entrenched. I wouldn't even consider looking at Essendon.

I'd love Jackson, big, aggressive with a good leap and versatile. He'd ruck for us this year if we had him but could play lockdown full back I reckon allowing Keath greater flexibility.

Like I said would need a very good young player to pry someone out because there is SFA available really.

Ben McKay personally, he's unsigned and has all the attributes Bevo loves including a massive ceiling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Mans is 20 and has shown maybe more than any other mid we've had at the same age (one obvious exception). What are we doing here.
    Exactly. Has only played 52 games and has shown he can be an absolute jet. Getting rid of him would be a terrible decision.

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Looking into our deep midfield and undertaking a cost-benefit analysis across the holes in our list. I highly doubt we would ever consider parting with him but there are only three untouchables on our list, Bont, English, Naughton (and possibly Daniel).

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Mabior Chol re-sign last week?
    Nope. Coleman-Jones and Chol are both being pursued by other clubs and Richmond are reportedly resigned to losing one. They will likely prioritise keeping CCJ. Gold Coast are likely to offer bigger and better deals than we could.

21. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post