Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Some serious schadenfreude on your part hoping that Richards leaves.
    Power moved onto Marra who still had a year to run. Afel.com says Doc is also imminent as it’s progressed well. The only one good player outstanding is Ed. It started with he wanted to get back before anything. Now end of the year. When everyone else is signing, I do wonder. Just sign the bloody extension Ed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great News re-signing Marra! No more trade rumours!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Zaine Cordy has hit a contract trigger and has extended for another year.

WESTERN Bulldogs defender Zaine Cordy has hit a trigger for a one-year contract extension which will tie him to the club until the end of 2022.
    Cordy was due to come out of contract but has recently quietly extended his deal by an extra year which will take him through to being a free agent next season.
    The premiership player last re-signed with the club in 2018 for a three-year deal which was due to expire this year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/663027/t...g-hits-trigger
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip, NoseBleed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

WESTERN Bulldogs defender Zaine Cordy has hit a trigger for a one-year contract extension which will tie him to the club until the end of 2022.
    Cordy was due to come out of contract but has recently quietly extended his deal by an extra year which will take him through to being a free agent next season.
    The premiership player last re-signed with the club in 2018 for a three-year deal which was due to expire this year.

Phew!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Phew!
    Just saying new rules allow Power to move players with contracts for 2022 to be moved to the rookie list, between the ND & RD.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

Good news
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just saying new rules allow Power to move players with contracts for 2022 to be moved to the rookie list, between the ND & RD.
    There's not a chance in hell Cordy is moved to the rookie list.

Of the remaining players out of contract at year end only Duryea is almost certain to re-sign. The rest are all potential trade/delist candidates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    There's not a chance in hell Cordy is moved to the rookie list.

Of the remaining players out of contract at year end only Duryea is almost certain to re-sign. The rest are all potential trade/delist candidates.
    Gotta have a dream. Get a great KPD in trade and Cordy down. Don’t rob me of that.

Just the rookies and Doc. AFL.com reckons that’s not far off with Doc either. Power has moved quickly the last 6 weeks. So you’re saying Ed is a trade candidate… Now for Aza & Jeemak.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So you’re saying Ed is a trade candidate… Now for Aza & Jeemak.
    I was thinking delist...

Just kidding, I think Ed will likely stay and Sweet as well, but they aren't certainties like Doc. The others all have question marks of varying sizes.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I was thinking delist...

Just kidding, I think Ed will likely stay and Sweet as well, but they aren't certainties like Doc. The others all have question marks of varying sizes.
    I reckon with the fourth year rookie rules hopefully we hold onto Gardner, Khamis & Sweet on the RL with Roarke. Make the most of an advantageous rule change.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the guy but is Khamis worthy of another year, even if its on the rookie list?

Hes 3 seasons through now, virtually all uninjured, sure with a lot of interruptions due to covid but he doesn't appear to be coming on in leaps and bounds. His one game he has gotten he barely played the second half of.

I know when he arrived he was gonns be a long term proposition but in 3 years he has had maybe a 3 week period where he has even been in the mix. Is he going to take a step next year where he actually becomes a viable option for 10+ games or will it be a 4th year we sink into him for basically zero return?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. I was pretty excited for Buku but he looked a mile off in his debut game, and that he hasn’t really been close to a game since is not a great sign.

If he gets re-rookied then that’s fine but I’m not set on him staying.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I like the guy but is Khamis worthy of another year, even if its on the rookie list?

Hes 3 seasons through now, virtually all uninjured, sure with a lot of interruptions due to covid but he doesn't appear to be coming on in leaps and bounds. His one game he has gotten he barely played the second half of.

I know when he arrived he was gonns be a long term proposition but in 3 years he has had maybe a 3 week period where he has even been in the mix. Is he going to take a step next year where he actually becomes a viable option for 10+ games or will it be a 4th year we sink into him for basically zero return?
    With Wood likely retired next year and Crozier not the answer. I think he’s player to persist with. I’ve liked a lot of games this year in the VFL. And Cat B, he’s not taking a list spot. I’m happy with the risk/reward to keep him (using the new 4th year rookie rule).

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think Buku is a rookie. Some progress slowly. He is improving. Low base.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post

I don’t like keeping on guys with no clear pathway for them to play like Hayes and Cavarra but I think Buku is worth another year given his (admittedly slow) development and in a position of need (Wood/Crozier mid defender replacement).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.