Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don’t like keeping on guys with no clear pathway for them to play like Hayes and Cavarra but I think Buku is worth another year given his (admittedly slow) development and in a position of need (Wood/Crozier mid defender replacement).
    I'm fine with keeping him, especially if he is cat b, but we need to actually want to play him. The two guys you listed have missed a bunch of games this year anyway, so if that's his role then there's been a spot for him. What are we waiting for him to show before we try him there, and why will he offer that next year but not this one?

We are great at producing players but we could find even more if we were prepared to cut blokes who we have no interest in playing. Khamis may yet be a superstar, but I dare say that players that don't feature in their first 3 years on a list don't turn out to be AFL footballers basically 100% of the time. Would be really curious of examples to the contrary (maybe ruckmen, I think Reilly O'Brien qualifies).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Gotta have a dream. Get a great KPD in trade and Cordy down. Don’t rob me of that.

Just the rookies and Doc. AFL.com reckons that’s not far off with Doc either. Power has moved quickly the last 6 weeks. So you’re saying Ed is a trade candidate… Now for Aza & Jeemak.
    Interestingly Richards dropped…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It's a decoy, he'll be the medical sub.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's a decoy, he'll be the medical sub.
    If you guys just got with the program he wouldn’t be leaving. Look what you’ve done… He’s played every game when available…

I’ve tried my best to get his signature but I give up now. Now you’ve made Sam Power go cap in hand to Collingwood with Ed, a first rounder and covering more of Treloar for Darcy Moore.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If you guys just got with the program he wouldn’t be leaving. Look what you’ve done… He’s played every game when available…

I’ve tried my best to get his signature but I give up now. Now you’ve made Sam Power go cap in hand to Collingwood with Ed, a first rounder and covering more of Treloar for Darcy Moore.
    Where's the doted line? I'd do anything for Darcy Moore but it ain't never gonna happen unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Where's the doted line? I'd do anything for Darcy Moore but it ain't never gonna happen unfortunately.
    A bit of throw away line, but he’s the perfect type for us if we could do it. The more serious question is, what is Ed worth as a draft pick? Or, what is he worth in a player trade packaged with a first rounder?

He may sign, I hope he does. But it’s Round 22, no signature and not playing seniors. I think we should think about what happens if he doesn’t sign.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 13-08-2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Typo
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this pop up on Facespace (one of those Trade rumour groups posted to one of the Bulldogs forums):

NEW BEGINNINGS:
    Ed Richards is getting significant interest from other clubs, halting his negotiations with the bulldogs
    Ed has been courted by North Melbourne and Brisbane all year, with Collingwood entering the frame in the last month
    Struggling to break into the bulldogs Side on a regular basis, he has been promised more game time elsewhere, and will make the call during the next couple weeks on which way to go.

The bulldogs have notified his management, if Ed decides to pursue opportunities elsewhere, he will not feature in the bulldogs finals campaign and will be told to leave immediately, similar situation to Aidan Corr last year and leaving to the roos, having his tenure cut short at gws and not being able to play further games into the backend of the season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I saw this pop up on Facespace (one of those Trade rumour groups posted to one of the Bulldogs forums):

NEW BEGINNINGS:
    Ed Richards is getting significant interest from other clubs, halting his negotiations with the bulldogs
    Ed has been courted by North Melbourne and Brisbane all year, with Collingwood entering the frame in the last month
    Struggling to break into the bulldogs Side on a regular basis, he has been promised more game time elsewhere, and will make the call during the next couple weeks on which way to go.

The bulldogs have notified his management, if Ed decides to pursue opportunities elsewhere, he will not feature in the bulldogs finals campaign and will be told to leave immediately, similar situation to Aidan Corr last year and leaving to the roos, having his tenure cut short at gws and not being able to play further games into the backend of the season
    Fair enough. Can't have him as a distraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

NEW BEGINNINGS:

I don't really believe that for a number of reasons. Obviously the source for one. For two he has never really struggled to break into the side on a regular basis, he has almost always been selected when fit. I also don't see why a team in premiership contention would not pick a player even if they were sure he was going to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't really believe that for a number of reasons. Obviously the source for one. For two he has never really struggled to break into the side on a regular basis, he has almost always been selected when fit. I also don't see why a team in premiership contention would not pick a player even if they were sure he was going to leave.
    It's interesting that when Harbrow was leaving the consensus on here was we should play him and of course we were in contention.
    When Ward hadn't signed and we weren't in contention and the consensus on here was that we shouldn't play him unless he committed to us.

I tend to think we should pick players largely based on form but but it looks like other components are considered at the end of the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

TALL TIM HOLDS OFF CONTRACT TALKS

Western Bulldogs ruckman Tim English is keen to stay at the Kennel but talks on a new deal are expected to drift into next year after a moderate second half of the season.

English was concussed in Round 6, ironically by his good mate and housemate Aaron Naughton, and only returned in Round 11.

He hasn’t quite been himself since and recorded only a single hitout to advantage as the Dogs were smacked in close by Hawthorn on the weekend.

He loves Melbourne and has no plans to return to Perth but isn’t quite ready to sign up for the long-term deal that would push him past free agency.

Fair enough given a massive season next year would lift his market price.

Post Thanks / Like

Duryea locked in for 2022

Experienced defender Taylor Duryea has recommitted to the Western Bulldogs for 2022.

The 30-year-old has been among the Bulldogs’ most consistent performers this season and has signed a one-year contract extension, taking him into a fourth season at the Kennel.

Duryea has played 20 of a possible 21 games at AFL level – being managed for one game – and averaged 18 disposals and 5.8 marks per game as an important member of the Bulldogs’ defensive group.

After playing just three games last year due to injury, he said he was relishing the continuity of being part of the Bulldogs’ line-up each week.

“I feel like a big part of the group now and I’m excited to be going around again next year,” Duryea said.

“This year, I feel like I’ve been pretty consistent and have been able to have an impact on and off the field, which is good.

“In my time at the club, I’ve seen how much this group has matured together.

“The core group of players have been together a while now and are the leaders of the club. It’s been great to see the growth of those guys and the younger boys coming through with their energy and adding that to the mix.

“I’m excited about being here for at least another year. This year has been really enjoyable - we’ve played some great footy and I want to keep being a part of that.”

Duryea joined the Bulldogs at the end of 2018 after featuring in two premierships and 118 AFL games at Hawthorn.

He has played 37 games across his three seasons in red, white and blue – including his 150th game earlier this year.

“Taylor has been a really important member of our side this season,” General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said.

“After his first two seasons at the Bulldogs were impacted by injury, he has been able to build some continuity and put together a consistent and impactful season.

“Taylor provides strong leadership and direction – both on and off the field – and has played some influential roles on dangerous opposition forwards across the season.

“We know Taylor will continue to have a big impact on this group moving forward.”

13. Thanks bornadog, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good signature. With these last lesser contracts done, and Marra who was up next year and Tim not signing early (ie we enquired) again from next years list, I’m feeling less and less confident Richards is staying. I genuinely hope I’m wrong.

Yeh Doc.

Post Thanks / Like

Another signing coming up? Who?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Another signing coming up? Who?
    Matt Suckling to return.

17. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post