Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 45 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Of course they are, I'm not seeing the relevance?
    Just a comment.

We went through all of this when he was offered a two year contract. Of course there are risks, but there are with all players.

I still don't have any issues with Wood having another year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs

Out of contract (8): Ben Cavarra (UFA), Will Hayes (UFA), Patrick Lipinski, Stefan Martin (UFA), Roarke Smith (UFA), Jordon Sweet, Mitch Wallis (UFA), Lewis Young

Zaine Cordy’s reached a contract trigger for next year, while Ed Richards is locked in for two more seasons and Buku Khamis has inked a one-year deal and Young has a two-year offer in front of him but has had limited senior opportunities. Taylor Duryea has re-signed for another year, but Lin Jong retired after an injury-riddled few years. It will be Martin’s call on playing into 2022 and young big man Sweet has broken through for his first AFL games this year. There is fascination about what Lipinski and Wallis do after being unable to cement a senior spot. The others will have to be patient.

Link

3. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. The club at least values Young enough to offer him a 2 year deal. It's quite an interesting dynamic there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Interesting. The club at least values Young enough to offer him a 2 year deal. It's quite an interesting dynamic there.
    Sam Power is like ‘I’m just going to keep him here until you *!*!*!*!ing play him, Bevo’
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Sam Power is like ‘I’m just going to keep him here until you *!*!*!*!ing play him, Bevo’
    Or is he trying to drive up value? Young must leave for his career. But now he looks like a wanted player. Two years on ok money is better than a future 4th.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or is he trying to drive up value? Young must leave for his career. But now he looks like a wanted player. Two years on ok money is better than a future 4th.
    How is Sammy P going to get the draft picks needed for your wild trading and points machinations if he keeps re-signing all our players?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Player Contract Status

How is Sammy P going to get the draft picks needed for your wild trading and points machinations if he keeps re-signing all our players?
    Young isnt essential for me. Lippa, Wally & JJ are my keys. And future picks. Young is a bonus if he leaves for something better than nothing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Young isnt essential for me. Lippa, Wally & JJ are my keys. And future picks. Young is a bonus if he leaves for something better than nothing.
    Was a joke. It has emerged in the past 2 days that he seems to be re-signing or offering contracts to just about everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Was a joke. It has emerged in the past 2 days that he seems to be re-signing or offering contracts to just about everybody.
    Just as long as it’s not Levi Casboult also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just a comment.

We went through all of this when he was offered a two year contract. Of course there are risks, but there are with all players.

I still don't have any issues with Wood having another year.
    The risk profile with Easton is much higher than with other players given his long issue of soft tissue injuries.

He's had 3 significant injuries (min 4 weeks out) again this year and I can't see things improving in 2022.

Time to give opportunities to others... like Richards.

13. Likes bulldogtragic, Dry Rot, 1eyedog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski has been offered a three year contract according to scuttlebutt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    Lipinski has been offered a three year contract according to scuttlebutt
    Elsewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Elsewhere?
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dep...4a41f0c32ce5dd
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Elsewhere?
    see article here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With us