Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 46 of 121 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Slippery Sam Edmond reckons there's player unrest because of how Mitch Wallis is being treated. He's never been wrong before, and I love the emotive language about Mitch being frozen out:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/...llis-and-more/

Patrick Lipinski (Western Bulldogs)

“Pat Lipinski will leave the Dogs, but at the moment it’s hard to find a home for him right now and a lot of clubs are unsure.

“He’s too good for the VFL, but is he good enough for the AFL? Does he sit in that awkward sweet spot if you like, he uses it well but does he have the leg speed?

“That’s the other thing right now, speed is everything, every list manager you speak to, no one wants a player who doesn’t have speed, who can’t cover the ground, speed is an absolute priority right now and if you don’t have it, it’s hard to find a suitor for them.”

Mitch Wallis (Western Bulldogs)

“Mitch Wallis has been frozen out of the Dogs and we know that.

“I’m hearing it actually might’ve really strained some relationships there at Whitten Oval between player and coach when it comes to Mitch Wallis, who is the vice-captain, who has been completely shut out of the Dogs this year.”
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Slippery Sam Edmond reckons there's player unrest because of how Mitch Wallis is being treated. He's never been wrong before, and I love the emotive language about Mitch being frozen out:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/...llis-and-more/

Patrick Lipinski (Western Bulldogs)

“Pat Lipinski will leave the Dogs, but at the moment it’s hard to find a home for him right now and a lot of clubs are unsure.

“He’s too good for the VFL, but is he good enough for the AFL? Does he sit in that awkward sweet spot if you like, he uses it well but does he have the leg speed?

“That’s the other thing right now, speed is everything, every list manager you speak to, no one wants a player who doesn’t have speed, who can’t cover the ground, speed is an absolute priority right now and if you don’t have it, it’s hard to find a suitor for them.”

Mitch Wallis (Western Bulldogs)

“Mitch Wallis has been frozen out of the Dogs and we know that.

“I’m hearing it actually might’ve really strained some relationships there at Whitten Oval between player and coach when it comes to Mitch Wallis, who is the vice-captain, who has been completely shut out of the Dogs this year.”
    It's bloody unusual to make a guy vice-captain and then drop him after 2 games.

I think the VC decision was the wrong one IF he wasn't in our plans. Or are the plans so ephemeral they just go *poof* with the slightest zephyr.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 25-08-2021 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Games before dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a reach to suggest some players would disagree with Mitch Wallis' absence, rightly or wrongly.

Reality is Mitch would have built strong relationships with players, it's only natural. After all, wasn't he voted in as VC? Clearly rated internally by his peers, so it's not a good look that he's been on the outer all year (even though I don't disagree with it).

Is it true there's unrest? Who knows but it shouldn't surprise if that's the case.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ffs I’m sick of hearing about unrest down there. If there’s any truth to it then I’m not expecting any kind of fierce display on the weekend. This team is far too sensitive.

So because Wallis is a great guy he should get a game and a new contract? This is exactly what we’ve been saying Bevo does too often! Mixed signals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He was spot on about JUH leaving
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was spot on about JUH leaving
    Oh that was him….

Case closed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Oh ffs I’m sick of hearing about unrest down there. If there’s any truth to it then I’m not expecting any kind of fierce display on the weekend. This team is far too sensitive.

So because Wallis is a great guy he should get a game and a new contract? This is exactly what we’ve been saying Bevo does too often! Mixed signals.
    Yeah so he was a Bevo favourite last year, and now he's not......after being made VC......it's too hard to figure out.

Wallis's preseason form was cooked and his first couple of games weren't great either, failing to hit the scoreboard (although putting up pure disposal numbers some of our forwards could now only dream of!).

He could be forgiven for being a bit miffed about being dropped after the Swans game, having kicked four in that fortnight.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's not a reach to suggest some players would disagree with Mitch Wallis' absence, rightly or wrongly.

Reality is Mitch would have built strong relationships with players, it's only natural. After all, wasn't he voted in as VC? Clearly rated internally by his peers, so it's not a good look that he's been on the outer all year (even though I don't disagree with it).

Is it true there's unrest? Who knows but it shouldn't surprise if that's the case.
    The player unrest I would suggest is Mitch himself. Now if was players that would be different. Poor Sam always looks for the controversial angles. Is he ever right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The player unrest I would suggest is Mitch himself. Now if was players that would be different. Poor Sam always looks for the controversial angles. Is he ever right?
    The truth is that there's a degree of unrest at EVERY club.

Even throughout Richmond's dynasty, it's not like there's players at the club dirty they weren't playing in big finals. It happens.
    W00F!

10. Likes Bulldog4life, jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right it's the easy angle.

I could guess that Dunkley being persisted with although he's in very very average form after basically walking out, could be the catalyst for one of the more loyal, true blue Bulldogs to be annoyed by his comparative treatment; but I'd be just making it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You're right it's the easy angle.

I could guess that Dunkley being persisted with although he's in very very average form after basically walking out, could be the catalyst for one of the more loyal, true blue Bulldogs to be annoyed by his comparative treatment; but I'd be just making it up.
    I heard Montagna say that it takes a player 4 weeks to get back to what he was after a long injury lay off. Dunks is about due!

13. Likes Grantysghost, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund hey. Wasn’t he the one that said Jamarra wanted out and that Ed Richards was gettable. Wrong both times so far, zero credibility.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard Montagna say that it takes a player 4 weeks to get back to what he was after a long injury lay off. Dunks is about due!
    Dangerfield said it this year too coming off injury.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I think Montagna used Danger as an example too.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne interested in Gunston. Surely we need him more than them.