Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We are screaming for ruck depth, yet people are prepared to get rid of Tim. How many 205cm talls can roam the ground like Tim. It is not just about tap outs you know.

However, with Steph in his last year, we need to target someone mature who can help out.
    He can't ruck *shrug*.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Can we trade him to Freo for Sean Darcy please.

Not fussed if Tim goes as hes really not a very good ruck, hes pretty much just a tall mid.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Freo are set.
    If the Eagles had one they wouldn't be chasing English.
    Another club could’ve played a role.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Can we trade him to Freo for Sean Darcy please.

Not fussed if Tim goes as hes really not a very good ruck, hes pretty much just a tall mid.
    Sadly Freo are not that silly to let Darcy go

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why was Tim unhappy last year, not wanting to play second fiddle to Martin?

PLAYER MANAGER PROVIDES UPDATE ON OFF-CONTRACT BULLDOGS TALL

Corporate Sports Australia player manager, Colin Young, says out-of-contract Western Bulldogs ruckman Tim English is “extremely happy” at Whitten Oval.

English, who is managed by Andrew McDougall from CSA, is one of several big-name Bulldogs players coming off-contract in 2022.

The 24-year-old, a West Australian native who was drafted out of South Fremantle in 2016, is focused on getting more ruck minutes in the upcoming season.

“I know he (McDougall) caught up with him earlier in the week and Tim was at this stage talking about how excited he was about the season, I think he was going to get more of a ruck roll from what we’ve heard, and he really wants to win that premiership,” Young told SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“I think that’s the main thing on the agenda right now, but you’re not Blind Freddy, Nic Nat (Nic Naitanui) is coming to an end at West Coast, there were a couple of Melbourne clubs that reached out last year as Tim was unhappy.

“But at the moment, he’s extremely happy. He’s mates with the ‘Astronaut’ (Aaron Naughton), they live not far from each other and he’s loving Melbourne at the moment.

“It’s going to be an interesting year. I know the Bulldogs have got four or five superstars out of contract. I think Andrew is catching up with Sam Power (Dogs list boss) either today, tomorrow or Monday at the latest to have a chat to see where they’re sitting as well because they’ve got a fair bit on their plate.

“I think the next couple of weeks as we get into the season, things will start to pan out.”

English played 22 games last year, including the Dogs’ Grand Final loss to Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Must've been the ruck "roll".

Sounds tasty.

Maybe the concussion didn't help his mental health either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Why was Tim unhappy last year, not wanting to play second fiddle to Martin?

It is kind of concerning that both he and Dunkley who are first choice players are unhappy or have been in recent times, enough so for it to become public.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It is kind of concerning that both he and Dunkley who are first choice players are unhappy or have been in recent times, enough so for it to become public.
    Throw away lines
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Must've been the ruck "roll".

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way too much trade talk for March
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Way too much trade talk for March
    It's contract talk, it is the contract thread after all...

Post Thanks / Like

It's contract talk, it is the contract thread after all...
    Since when?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Since when?
    Did you stumble here by accident? I think you're lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you stumble here by accident? I think you're lost.
    That's a bit existential for me to be dealing with before midday.

Post Thanks / Like

Will this AA Dog re-sign? Why Bailey is in 'no rush'

DASHING defender Bailey Dale plans to let his football do the talking when the AFL season begins next week, content to let contract negotiations with the Western Bulldogs play out in the background.

The Bulldogs face a fight to keep their talented list together after last year's Grand Final appearance, with Dale and fellow Therabody AFL All-Australians Jack Macrae and Caleb Daniel among a host of stars out of contract at the end of 2022.

Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley, Tim English, Alex Keath and Jason Johannisen are also nearing the end of their existing deals.

Dale's bargaining power is at an all-time high after his switch to defence resulted in a breakout season last year.

But the 25-year-old free agent insists he is in no hurry to sign a new deal and will leave negotiations to his manager for the time being.

"I just want to start the year really well," Dale said. "I've been a bit inconsistent over my career and it's a great opportunity to try back up a really good year.

"I'm in no rush, it's going to take care of itself eventually and when it does I'll be happy."

Dale spent his first six years with the Bulldogs as a forward and wingman before a snap decision by the coaching staff to send him to half-back on the eve of last season.

The move paid huge dividends as Dale rapidly became one of the competition's most damaging rebound players.

But he concedes the defensive side of his game is still an area for improvement as the Dogs look to cover the loss of retired 2016 premiership skipper Easton Wood.

"It's that one-on-one side of the game and really trying to develop that aerial side to be able to come across and help my teammates," Dale said.

"There's just a few little things that I've been trying to work on over the pre-season and hopefully they can come out this year."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.