Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Good god no. Say it ain't so.
    Yeah I felt way better before reading it but if I had to see it so do all of you.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah I felt way better before reading it but if I had to see it so do all of you.
    Cruel and unusual punishment.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Tom Browne reporting English is certain to stay.
    Argh crap. Hope we can get a good trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Argh crap. Hope we can get a good trade.
    For Tom Browne?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    For Tom Browne?
    Struggle to give him away

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph also running with it.

Bulldogs ruckman Tim English has rubbed salt in the wounds of West Coast by resisting the lure of home and stating his intention to remain at Whitten Oval.

Tim English has committed his future to the Western Bulldogs despite strong interest from West Coast in luring the 24-year-old back home.

English has told his management group he is happy and settled in Melbourne despite the pull of home and his partner Rudi living in Perth as a professional netballer.

As revealed by the Herald Sun on Saturday, English was intent on rebuffing the Eagles when his management group flew into Melbourne on Monday for a series of talks with AFL clubs.

They have spoken to Western Bulldogs list boss Sam Power twice in recent weeks when the Dogs were in Perth and again this week.

While both parties will need to haggle on a deal — either a two-year deal to free agency or a long-term deal of up to five seasons — he is intent on remaining with the Dogs.

At his age and with his ability he would likely command a deal of over $700,000 per season.

Luke Beveridge wasn’t able to select English again this week as he misses again with a hamstring injury but his early season form has been stellar.

The Dogs have always been confident of retaining Josh Dunkley, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Smith but English had officially put off talks in the early rounds of the season to assess his future.

English’s manager Andrew McDougall, of Corporate Sports Australia, said in the pre-season: “He loves the club and he loves his teammates but he won’t be rushing into an early decision.”

The Dogs chose not to add another established ruckman in the off-season and have been rewarded with more consistency from English, who battled in the decisive third quarter of the Grand Final.

7. Thanks bornadog, SquirrelGrip, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Let’s get the deal done and move forward. Important player for us, and we have a great future together I suspect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Can you imagine actually doing this to a player of Daniel's quality? He would rightly walk straight out the door. It would be ludicrous list management to withdraw a contract offer because of a couple of games perhaps not at his absolute best.
    Reminds me of the Ward contract negotiations
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a fantastic resource. Where has it been hiding?

I still think we lose Dunkley, but of course I would. However, if he's the only casualty of this crunch and we get some high draft capital for him then so be it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes azabob, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I still think we lose Dunkley, but of course I would. However, if he's the only casualty of this crunch and we get some high draft capital for him then so be it.
    I’m becoming more comfortable with that outcome… we’re absolutely loaded in one area of the ground for talent with limitations elsewhere and something has to give. If the advantage we had in the midfield meant we were certain to win the battle in that area of the ground, and it meant more wins then we continue to keep rolling, but there’s shortcomings in there which mean other areas of the ground are negatively impacted and we lose more games than we should.

Of course we want to keep our ‘A’ graders together, but we’re also in the business of winning… and we need to give ourselves the best opportunity to do so, so freeing up some capital wins out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I’m becoming more comfortable with that outcome… we’re absolutely loaded in one area of the ground for talent with limitations elsewhere and something has to give. If the advantage we had in the midfield meant we were certain to win the battle in that area of the ground, and it meant more wins then we continue to keep rolling, but there’s shortcomings in there which mean other areas of the ground are negatively impacted and we lose more games than we should.

Of course we want to keep our ‘A’ graders together, but we’re also in the business of winning… and we need to give ourselves the best opportunity to do so, so freeing up some capital wins out.
    Spot on with your summary.

We are loaded with individual talent in the midfield but as a collective we are not getting the required outcomes often enough.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Everything I've seen/read indicate he's close to staying?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lock him away on a long term (5 years?) deal.

With Libba towards the end I think it's important Dunks stays.

15. Likes SquirrelGrip, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Everything I've seen/read indicate he's close to staying?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lock him away on a long term (5 years?) deal.

With Libba towards the end I think it's important Dunks stays.
    Totally agree
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Young players will only sign short term deals to get them to free agency and then cash in.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Young players will only sign short term deals to get them to free agency and then cash in.
    When is Dunkley eligible do we have some sort of guide or thread that has this info?

Edit actually that joke didn't work.

He's eligible in 2024 I believe. (restricted) 2026 full.

So maybe he signs until 2026? (3 yr deal).