Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Two firsts or a first & high second pick please bummers. Anyone we would really like & position of need from EFC?

They would surely have to pay overs to 1) interest Dunkley (why would he want to leave now apart from $?, considering he is besties with Adz, club looks like being competitive now we are starting to see return of injured players) & 2) For us to entertain it.

WC desperate for good midfielders, so there would be more then 1 club interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Two firsts or a first & high second pick please bummers. Anyone we would really like & position of need from EFC?

They would surely have to pay overs to 1) interest Dunkley (why would he want to leave now apart from $?, considering he is besties with Adz, club looks like being competitive now we are starting to see return of injured players) & 2) For us to entertain it.

WC desperate for good midfielders, so there would be more then 1 club interested.
    Unlike 2 years ago he is out of contract so our negotiating position is significantly weaker this time around if history were to repeat.

3. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

.....why would he want to leave now apart from $?, considering he is besties with Adz.
    Last time around he was best mates with Bont based on their Instagram. Since then they have barely appeared in a photo together and don't appear any closer than any other players from the outside. Coincidence? Not sure his relationship with Treloar is a major factor if the other terms in Essendons offer are right.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Last time around he was best mates with Bont based on their Instagram. Since then they have barely appeared in a photo together and don't appear any closer than any other players from the outside. Coincidence? Not sure his relationship with Treloar is a major factor if the other terms in Essendons offer are right.
    I'd stuff my best mates in a chaff bag and throw them out to sea if the money was ridiculous enough.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'd stuff my best mates in a chaff bag and throw them out to sea if the money was ridiculous enough.
    Bet you’d rescue them too. Would you stop supporting dogs and support Bummers for $?

Post Thanks / Like

Bet you’d rescue them too
    Depends how much they were offering.

Would you stop supporting dogs and support Bummers for $?
    Even the most venal mercenary has limits, Josie.
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Dunks a restricted free agent? If so we can match, so unless the Bummers give him a mammoth cap breaking deal, we could retain. Dunks would be a loss as there is no one on the list who really brings the grunt and strength......but a high first round pick gives us a shot at another quality mid - maybe even look to hijack Adelaide's bid for Horne-Francis by on trading the Dunks picks. He is probably the one guy that I don't want to lose, but would lose if the price was right.

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Isn't Dunks a restricted free agent?

I don't believe he is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the key to it. He won't want to leave. He is happy. Double that bet Jeanette and I will go halfies with you. Why go to a bottom side too who won't win a premiership while he is playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't believe he is.
    No he's not, would need a trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That is the key to it. He won't want to leave. He is happy. Double that bet Jeanette and I will go halfies with you. Why go to a bottom side too who won't win a premiership while he is playing.
    He may also talk to him about his 900k salary.

If he gets a big offer to leave and we can't get near it or don't value him as much then I don't blame him for being interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He may also talk to him about his 900k salary.

If he gets a big offer to leave and we can't get near it or don't value him as much then I don't blame him for being interested.
    All I have to say Gg he seems happy. He has been getting more mid field time like he wanted. He is not rucking. His reasons for leaving last time are no more. His best mate plays with him. If he is a mercenary well I have been proven wrong before.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    All I have to say Gg he seems happy. He has been getting more mid field time like he wanted. He is not rucking. His reasons for leaving last time are no more. His best mate plays with him. If he is a mercenary well I have been proven wrong before.
    All good points B4L

Agree I'd be surprised if he left too. But sometimes career comes first and he seems a pretty professional type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    All good points B4L

Agree I'd be surprised if he left too. But sometimes career comes first and he seems a pretty professional type.
    I expect to lose someone at years end, not sure it will be Dunks.

Here are our Free agents

Zaine Cordy
    Bailey Dale
    Caleb Daniel
    Taylor Duryea^
    Jason Johannisen
    Stefan Martin^
    Toby McLean
    Mitch Wallis
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else finding the complete radio silence around Barry Smith really weird? Like not even in terms of from our end, from everywhere? He’s one of the highest profile players in the league and I haven’t heard anything about our own negotiations, about rival interest, or even of the fact that he’s out of contract.

What an I missing here?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post