Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 63 of 121 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    All I have to say Gg he seems happy. He has been getting more mid field time like he wanted. He is not rucking. His reasons for leaving last time are no more. His best mate plays with him. If he is a mercenary well I have been proven wrong before.
    Not forgetting the hugs from Treloar's daughter, you can't put a price on that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is anyone else finding the complete radio silence around Barry Smith really weird? Like not even in terms of from our end, from everywhere? He’s one of the highest profile players in the league and I haven’t heard anything about our own negotiations, about rival interest, or even of the fact that he’s out of contract.

What an I missing here?
    Now I am!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Last time around he was best mates with Bont based on their Instagram. Since then they have barely appeared in a photo together and don't appear any closer than any other players from the outside. Coincidence? Not sure his relationship with Treloar is a major factor if the other terms in Essendons offer are right.
    My always accurate, very good, actually heard in real life and probably not made up intel was that Bont found out about the Dunkley trade at the same time we did and was hell pissed off by it. Think they’re chill now but not full on best buds like before.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My always accurate, very good, actually heard in real life and probably not made up intel was that Bont found out about the Dunkley trade at the same time we did and was hell pissed off by it. Think they’re chill now but not full on best buds like before.
    Let's go with it.

I think that's my general feel, he is more likely to be a professional about it and not go with emotion.

I've got plenty of good friends (insert EW comment here xD) who I used to work with and still see regularly.

I don't think it will be a factor. He may spin it that way after the fact of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not forgetting the hugs from Treloar's daughter, you can't put a price on that.
    That was so cute when she yelled out "Hello Dunks"
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else finding the complete radio silence around Barry Smith really weird? Like not even in terms of from our end, from everywhere? He’s one of the highest profile players in the league and I haven’t heard anything about our own negotiations, about rival interest, or even of the fact that he’s out of contract.

What an I missing here?
    Barry Smith sounds like some bloke you would meet at your local RSL.

9. Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph says

Tim English isn’t far from a new deal, Caleb Daniel is inching closer too and Bailey Dale wants to stay even if rivals would offer more.

Josh Dunkley is in his own contact talks and while Bailey Smith’s talks haven’t started there is absolutely no suggestion his future isn’t at the Dogs.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

11. Thanks Grantysghost, azabob, 1eyedog, jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Jon Ralph says

Tim English isn’t far from a new deal, Caleb Daniel is inching closer too and Bailey Dale wants to stay even if rivals would offer more.

Josh Dunkley is in his own contact talks and while Bailey Smith’s talks haven’t started there is absolutely no suggestion his future isn’t at the Dogs.
    Thanks Doc.

So Dunkley Jnr and Dunkley Snr are up to their old tricks again.

I want Dunkley to stay but his negotiation style will make it tough for him to stay. We can't pay him what he wants.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Loving Dale more and more by the week. How emphatic is that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Thanks Doc.

So Dunkley Jnr and Dunkley Snr are up to their old tricks again.

I want Dunkley to stay but his negotiation style will make it tough for him to stay. We can't pay him what he wants.
    Dunks is a good player but it's at the stage where if he wants to leave, we shouldn't stand in his way.

We've got better players to re-sign (Smith) and his type isn't the hardest in the world to find, with all due respect.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Loving Dale more and more by the week. How emphatic is that!
    It’s pretty unbelievable how good he has become, isn’t it?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Dunks is a good player but it's at the stage where if he wants to leave, we shouldn't stand in his way.

We've got better players to re-sign (Smith) and his type isn't the hardest in the world to find, with all due respect.
    With due respect how many players in the comp are averaging 26 touches, 7 marks, 6 tackles and a goal a game?

He's not worth over-paying for, but we need to keep him.

17. Likes Bulldog4life, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    With due respect how many players in the comp are averaging 26 touches, 7 marks, 6 tackles and a goal a game?

He's not worth over-paying for, but we need to keep him.
    That's my take on where this all sits though. Do I want to keep him? Absolutely - I don't think Libba has long left, Dunks is a young bull, but I'm not prepared to overpay for his type.

To keep him, I think he'll want us to overpay.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Jon Ralph says

What does that even mean? Is he in contract talks with the club or is he having contract talks with himself or himself and other clubs?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What does that even mean? Is he in contract talks with the club or is he having contract talks with himself or himself and other clubs?
    I took it to mean that he, like English and Daniel, is engaged in talks with the club, but at the same time it still annoyed me for some reason?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -