Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Starting to clear the backlog of out of contract big names now. Daniel, Dale and although I've not seen official news, English for a couple more years seems on the cards.

Who are the high profile players still out of contact, is it Bailey Smith, Dunkley and JJ that remain unsigned right now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Worth five years absolute gun.
    Don't disagree he's a gun at half back.

My concern is we signed him on a three year deal due to an absolute purple patch as a leading forward at the end of 2019

2020 he had a poor year.
    2021 move to HB and was elite
    2022 half a season of great to elite footy.

Hopefully, hopefully he keeps at his current level.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Starting to clear the backlog of out of contract big names now. Daniel, Dale and although I've not seen official news, English for a couple more years seems on the cards.

Who are the high profile players still out of contact, is it Bailey Smith, Dunkley and JJ that remain unsigned right now?
    If you believe the rumors apparently there is a contract status thread on woof... not sure if it is this thread or not...

And yes by my count Smith, JJ and Dunkley are left to sign.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale signs on for five years

Bulldogs’ defender Bailey Dale has committed his long-term future to the Western Bulldogs, signing a five-year contract extension at the Kennel.

The rebounding defender will wear the red, white and blue until at least the 2027 season, remaining a one-club player after being drafted at Pick 45 in the 2014 National Draft.

“I am really excited to keep playing for this amazing club for the next five seasons,” Dale said.

“I am grateful for the opportunity the Club has given me and was always keen to commit long-term at Whitten Oval.

“The direction the Club is heading is exciting and I’m keen to be a part of that, particularly playing and working alongside a great group of players and staff.

“I’m pleased that the contract is finalised and can now turn my focus to continuing to help us build on-field for the remainder of the season.”

Dale made the switch to defence in early 2021 and hasn’t looked back since, averaging 27 touches and five marks a game.

The 25-year-old’s ability to hit a target and propel the team forward has been a highlight, gaining 605 metres per game this season as a rebound asset.

Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, was elated to keep Dale at VU Whitten Oval into the future.

“We are thrilled to keep Bailey for the next five years,” Power said.

“After starting his career forward, Bailey has transformed into a reliable rebounding defender that provides plenty of dash and excitement in our back half.

“It was pleasing to see Bailey’s hard work rewarded at the end of last season, receiving his first All Australian jacket in his first season as a defender.

“Bailey is a popular teammate and talented individual that continues to have a profound impact on our playing group.

“His long-term commitment to the Bulldogs is a great reflection of the confidence he has in the playing group and the direction we’re heading in as a club.”

Dale has played 97 games and kicked 73 goals for the Bulldogs.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...for-five-years

5. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog, josie, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So with some deals completed it more or less leaves Smith, Dunks and Keath as the primary players still to get deals done.
    Can we keep the band together? Or will Jeemak be our Yoko?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dale has been a revelation in the backline, a great move by Bevo, and now a 5 year contract. All the best to Bailey.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deleted
    Last edited by bornadog; 16-06-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Bulldog4life, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale also seems like an absolute clean skin off field, unlike a few we’ve given big deals to in the past which have come back to hurt us (JJ, Hunter).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Jason Johannisen: 2022
    Toby McLean: 2022
    Josh Dunkley: 2022
    Tim English: 2022

Rhylee West: 2022
    Alex Keath: 2022
    Josh Schache: 2022
    Bailey Smith: 2022
    Mitch Hannan: 2022
    Dominic Bedendo: 2022
    Louis Butler: 2022
    Riley Garcia: 2022
    Zaine Cordy: 2022
    Taylor Duryea: 2022
    Buku Khamis: 2022 (Rookie)
    Mitch Wallis: 2022
    Stefan Martin: 2022
    Charlie Parker: 2022 (Rookie)
    Robbie McComb: 2022 (Rookie)
    Cody Raak: 2022 (Rookie)

Still a few to sign up
    Please delete this BAD. If people can't navigate their way to page 1 of this very thread they don't deserve to be informed.

13. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Please delete this BAD. If people can't navigate their way to page 1 of this very thread they don't deserve to be informed.
    What’s on the first page? Is it something contract related?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

There should be a thread for that sort of information. Someone should get one up and running.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Don't know what you are talking about

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Dale also seems like an absolute clean skin off field, unlike a few we’ve given big deals to in the past which have come back to hurt us (JJ, Hunter).
    You would think that's the case, but he is a rule breaker... quite often I see him letting his dogs off for a run at the local park and it's not a lead free dog park... such a rebel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    You would think that's the case, but he is a rule breaker... quite often I see him letting his dogs off for a run at the local park and it's not a lead free dog park... such a rebel!
    Wait til I call Damien Barrett with this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Wait til I call Damien Barrett with this one.
    Star Dog Off The Lead - What It Really Says About Mental Fitness of Senior Coach
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Likes jeemak, Max469, EasternWest, MrMahatma liked this post