Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 74 of 121 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1809
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Could see Smith at Geelong with the cotton on element. Plus they are chasing a big name mid to replace Danger/Selwood.
    Oh no don't Chef! I couldn't stand another Moggs Creek success story!

I would be leaning towards the northern states like Azabob. He can still live his big city lifestyle but in relative anonymity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

I would be leaning towards the northern states like Azabob. He can still live his big city lifestyle but in relative anonymity.
    Smith is a must sign
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Smith is a must sign
    Wonder if Bailey has a non mask exemption? He was literally the only guy without one.

Not judging more curious.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll stay.

But Im not sure a guy happy to be plastered half naked over billboards and pushing 400k Insta followers is worried about anonymity
    The curse is dead.

6. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think he'll stay.

But Im not sure a guy happy to be plastered half naked over billboards and pushing 400k Insta followers is worried about anonymity
    Ah ... there in lies the dichotomy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if Bailey has a non mask exemption? He was literally the only guy without one.

Not judging more curious.

There was another player also.
    Varcoe wasnt wearing one whilst presenting.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    There was another player also.
    Varcoe wasnt wearing one whilst presenting.
    I think JJ had his on but down.

No biggie just curiosity more than anything

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So there’s a month left before finals and potentially the end of our season if things go even kinda south. When can we be officially worried that Baz, Dunks and West are all still unsigned?

Dunkley is playing far more forward, just like in 2020 which seemed to massively piss him off. And the updates we got are now pretty old and weren’t of much comfort in the first place.

Attitudes to retaining (at least one of) them aside, it’s very odd for guys who apparently want to stay to still not be signed up this late in the piece.
    I suspect that West is trying to drive his value as high as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Power has a lot of work ahead of him. Realizing not all players will be re-signed we have 16 players still out of contract and 19 in 2023.

13. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Sammy Power has a lot of work ahead of him. Realizing not all players will be re-signed we have 16 players still out of contract and 19 in 2023.
    Who is still out of contract. My sister in law said that Hunters off to the Bombers and that’s why he isn’t playing seniors for us.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Who is still out of contract. My sister in law said that Hunters off to the Bombers and that’s why he isn’t playing seniors for us.
    Check Page 1 of this thread
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Bumper Bulldogs thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that I'm taking it too seriously (nothing personal BB) but as a thought exercise, would it be better to lose Hunter or Dunkley if someone leaves? I'm leaning towards Hunter.

Also if Hunter is leaving and the MC see him as best 22 on form and fitness then it'd be in our interest to play him so we can ask for more at the trade table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Not that I'm taking it too seriously (nothing personal BB) but as a thought exercise, would it be better to lose Hunter or Dunkley if someone leaves? I'm leaning towards Hunter.

Also if Hunter is leaving and the MC see him as best 22 on form and fitness then it'd be in our interest to play him so we can ask for more at the trade table.
    Hunter of course.
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Hunter hands down over Dunks. But we just seem to have talk about players wanting to leave every year. Agree Hunter is in our best 22 but after the car accident things don’t seem the same anymore.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter hands down over Dunks. But we just seem to have talk about players wanting to leave every year. Agree Hunter is in our best 22 but after the car accident things don’t seem the same anymore.
    Usually people not getting a game though (except for Dunkley). Right now I'm thinking that for the right price I can live with either leaving (Dunkley I'd want a better price for but still) since we could use a bit more class in our younger brigade.

It's been great to get JUH and Darcy but it's thinned out our overall talent pool so if we could go to the draft with 2-3 picks in the top 30 (2 first rounders as well) and get in Lobb and a key defender (aside from Jones) I think we'll have a good balance of bringing in young talent, re-balancing the list and keeping in contention.

22. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post