Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Not sure I understand the selection (on the bench) of McComb over Garcia this week unless Riley is carrying a niggle and being 'rested' for now - will find out when the VFL side is published.

Really like Riley's attack on the footy, so I'm glad to hear the news he may be about to sign a contract extension.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Now for Rhylee West!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Now for Rhylee West!!!
    I hope this gets done soon. He's come too far this season to end up leaving us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The two Riley’s/Rhylees both have a bit of controlled aggro and will to win the ball. We need more of that. That’s what we had in 2016.

6. Likes azabob, Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Now for Rhylee West!!!
    Is there anywhere we can see the contract status of all our players?
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope this gets done soon. He's come too far this season to end up leaving us.
    If I'm Rhylee West, I'm looking elsewhere. It's quite obvious that his skill set isn't valued. Despite his performances he has no credits and is dropped with a form dip yet someone like Vandermeer is promoted without VFL form and kept ahead of him. This is just as a forward because he can't get a look in as a midfielder.

If another club offers him a contract my advice would be to go, but if no one comes knocking than he's forced to stay.

I'm disappointed on his behalf.

10. Likes G-Mo77, Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Is there anywhere we can see the contract status of all our players?
    If you stare directly into the sun for 5 minutes you will see all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    If I'm Rhylee West, I'm looking elsewhere. It's quite obvious that his skill set isn't valued. Despite his performances he has no credits and is dropped with a form dip yet someone like Vandermeer is promoted without VFL form and kept ahead of him. This is just as a forward because he can't get a look in as a midfielder.

If another club offers him a contract my advice would be to go, but if no one comes knocking than he's forced to stay.

Is that you Scott? He's just played 13 games straight but we clearly don't value him. Please.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is.

Post Thanks / Like

You make some good points Swoop but I hope you're wrong. He's taken a good step forward this season and should be pleased with his progress. 14 games is a good achievement.

I guess his manager would be checking clubs and after 4 years with us he should be looking at the best deal but what clubs would he fit into? Perhaps St Kilda and Essendon for Victorian clubs.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If you stare directly into the sun for 5 minutes you will see all.
    I'm neither Scomo nor Trump. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again.

Although funnily enough I was just watching an amazing sunset for more than five minutes. No contract revelations though.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm neither Scomo nor Trump. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again.

Although funnily enough I was just watching an amazing sunset for more than five minutes. No contract revelations though.
    Now watch this drive.

The best ever George Dubya moment was when he tried to leave the stage somewhere and the door was locked.

18. Likes EasternWest, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be another player who burns us at another club and I don't blame him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    It'll be another player who burns us at another club and I don't blame him
    West is more of a natural midfielder and the Club should be keeping him. He is the next in line should we suffer a serious injury in the middle and/or departure.

Given Duryea has been selected, along with Richards, Daniel and Dale in the back-half, I sense Daniel will be playing further up the ground. (Well that is my hope).

The lack of connection up forward the last few weeks has been a struggle. Daniel can only help with this, given he naturally lowers his eyes.

Thus on this basis, West misses. Vanders has obviously not set the world on fire but he is there for the pace, especially as JJ is injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    West is more of a natural midfielder and the Club should be keeping him. He is the next in line should we suffer a serious injury in the middle and/or departure.

Given Duryea has been selected, along with Richards, Daniel and Dale in the back-half, I sense Daniel will be playing further up the ground. (Well that is my hope).

The lack of connection up forward the last few weeks has been a struggle. Daniel can only help with this, given he naturally lowers his eyes.

Thus on this basis, West misses. Vanders has obviously not set the world on fire but he is there for the pace, especially as JJ is injured.
    Agree with you on West. He is a clever player with the ball & would love to see him given more responsibility in the midfield.

Pace is so over rated. I don't care if you run fast & then turn it over. Pace when used correctly is a dangerous weapon but we are easily wooed by anyone with pace. Ed uses his pace well to take the game on & then take the right option. VDM is fast but a poor user & finisher. When you kick the ball to the right spot nobody can outrun the ball.

22. Likes DOG GOD, Stevo, WBFC4FFC liked this post