Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Agree with you on West. He is a clever player with the ball & would love to see him given more responsibility in the midfield.

Pace is so over rated. I don't care if you run fast & then turn it over. Pace when used correctly is a dangerous weapon but we are easily wooed by anyone with pace. Ed uses his pace well to take the game on & then take the right option. VDM is fast but a poor user & finisher. When you kick the ball to the right spot nobody can outrun the ball.
    Agree with what you have said but the present composition of the side is slow.

With the 6-6-6 rule, we get beat out of the centre when the opposition has some pace. If they get the ball they know they can run away from our Mids and hence, they have time to steady and hit-up a target.

As much as Treloar is good down back, he is required in the middle. Hence his recruitment originally!

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph reporting Toby McLean will get a new deal
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

3. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Jon Ralph reporting Toby McLean will get a new deal
    Great news. Club’s support of players who have had multiple acl’s has paid off; Clay, Libba, Roarke. Some don’t work out so well eg big Red but Redpath was unfortunately injury cursed and presumably big lads may have lower chance of success (pure guesswork on my part). Shows other players including potential ones we are a caring club which hopefully contributes positively to player contract decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund reporting on Dunkley

to paraphrase

"lots of tooing and frowing. In constant talks between each other. Dogs would like to have had it done by now but nothing to suggest he's leaving. If I was a betting man, he stays".
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

6. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

to paraphrase

"lots of tooing and frowing. In constant talks between each other. Dogs would like to have had it done by now but nothing to suggest he's leaving. If I was a betting man, he stays".
    That would be a great outcome if we can get this done.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Bulldog4life, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

to paraphrase

To come out and tell Bevo he's leaving after our last match would be understandable for him but a bit shit to Bevo and the club. I mean who wants to say they're leaving to their mates while still playing / playing finals? Would be great if he could be professional and say I'm leaving but I'm giving 100% on the field until I do. 100% respect for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Without anything statistical to back this up I feel like there’s been a noticeable uptick in our use of Dunks the past month or so. Feels like he’s become a first choice centre square player again.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

to paraphrase

If he was intent on leaving surely he wouldn't bother "tooing and frowing"? Doesn't mean he stays but sounds like he's not definitely out the door yet either.

I wonder what the sticking points are? Dollars? Years? A designated parking space next to Treloar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If he was intent on leaving surely he wouldn't bother "tooing and frowing"? Doesn't mean he stays but sounds like he's not definitely out the door yet either.

I wonder what the sticking points are? Dollars? Years? A designated parking space next to Treloar?
    All of the above

Seriously though, I bet it is dollars. He sees what Treloar is on and wants the same.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    All of the above

Seriously though, I bet it is dollars. He sees what Treloar is on and wants the same.
    #BrandDunkley

I wonder if North Melbourne will come late and hard? Especially if Clarkson thinks Dunkley is what he'd like.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    #BrandDunkley

I wonder if North Melbourne will come late and hard? Especially if Clarkson thinks Dunkley is what he'd like.
    Clarkson already scouring the league. However, I think at least 4 to 5 before they play finals
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the above

I think that's accurate. He's about maximising potential and I get it, they have a small window of opportunity.

If I had to guess he would rather go to a side where he can build his off-field / business networks.

So Norf maybe not, Essendon more likely.

It's what many of the AFLw players have done. Libby Birch for eg has a column in The Age.

18. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Without anything statistical to back this up I feel like there’s been a noticeable uptick in our use of Dunks the past month or so. Feels like he’s become a first choice centre square player again.
    Funny you say that, I've always been a bit ambivalent about him as far as his necessity to our side. But lately he's just been so important, and with Libba being ancient if we lost Dunkley we'd have no real hardness in the middle.

So I would really prefer him to stay now. Sorry jeemak.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the above

Well Treloar is a $600k player who did the right thing by Collingwood and had his payments delayed - they're merely paying $300k per season to pay back what they owe him.
    If Dunks wants $600k pa I couldn't offer that quick enough. Plenty of worse footballers right now on more than that
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

22. Likes EasternWest, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have him in our top 5 players so he deserves a great salary. I find it a bit weird how unpopular he seems on here at times, though he has his limitations he's someone who can be trusted to always show up and have a crack.
    The curse is dead.

24. Likes bornadog liked this post