Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 87 of 121 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1809
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Hey Axe, according to ZeroHanger Alex Keath signed an extension mid year, might want to update the list?

https://www.zerohanger.com/bulldogs-...rigger-122660/
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Hey Axe, according to ZeroHanger Alex Keath signed an extension mid year, might want to update the list?

https://www.zerohanger.com/bulldogs-...rigger-122660/
    I am aware of the reported trigger for Keath, as well as Duryea re-signing (as mentioned by the President), but I only update on official announcements (and link to those announcements so that it is all verifiable).

Hopefully the club actually informs us of the PE teacher and Doc's contract status soon.

3. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Axe is something of a standard setter on WOOF. Best not question his methods

Post Thanks / Like

In assessing it some more. Four players out, two players in. Three minimum picks, so at the very minimum one has to be delisted/‘retired’ from Butler, Wally & Martin.

I’d actually like to take four picks in to the draft. With plenty of future picks, we should think about opening up an extra spot to give us the flexibility to trade into the draft if there’s someone we really like. If that doesn’t happen, we could upgrade a deserving a rookie (opening up a rookie draft pick) or use the late pick 69 if there’s still a roughy. Four draft picks means moving on two of Butler, Wally or Martin.

I will assume Tim, Lobb, Sweet & Darcy is sufficient ruck depth and Butler is behind too many. So then the question is does the club extend Wally, or look at a DFA in his spot. The ‘best’ names of smalls seem to be Aarts, Rowe, Narkle, Phillips or Frederick, with talls thinner at maybe Stein, Sproule and Fullerton.

Wally or one of these type needs/role players?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I will assume Tim, Lobb, Sweet & Darcy is sufficient ruck depth and Butler is behind too many. So then the question is does the club extend Wally, or look at a DFA in his spot. The ‘best’ names of smalls seem to be Aarts, Rowe, Narkle, Phillips or Frederick, with talls thinner at maybe Stein, Sproule and Fullerton.
    Lobb & Darcy are KPPs first (Darcy raw), rucks second so I'd be looking at more depth there. We can wait to the rookie draft because there are good rookie rucks available every year.

I don't think Martin can play even in the event of injury, Butler is 'ok' but I'm not sure that's enough.
    Wally may scrape another year out of himself as the 'good bloke' who mentors the kids but if we pick up a small forward (as expected) he's behind a logjam already, and one more who plays a role we need won't help him.

Unless we think he can play as a defensive mid...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lobb & Darcy are KPPs first (Darcy raw), rucks second so I'd be looking at more depth there. We can wait to the rookie draft because there are good rookie rucks available every year.

I don't think Martin can play even in the event of injury, Butler is 'ok' but I'm not sure that's enough.
    Wally may scrape another year out of himself as the 'good bloke' who mentors the kids but if we pick up a small forward (as expected) he's behind a logjam already, and one more who plays a role we need won't help him.

Unless we think he can play as a defensive mid...
    What’s a defensive mid??? Not sure I’ve heard that term since 2014.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In assessing it some more. Four players out, two players in. Three minimum picks, so at the very minimum one has to be delisted/‘retired’ from Butler, Wally & Martin.

I’d actually like to take four picks in to the draft. With plenty of future picks, we should think about opening up an extra spot to give us the flexibility to trade into the draft if there’s someone we really like. If that doesn’t happen, we could upgrade a deserving a rookie (opening up a rookie draft pick) or use the late pick 69 if there’s still a roughy. Four draft picks means moving on two of Butler, Wally or Martin.

Wally or one of these type needs/role players?
    Now the question is Butler & Martin?

Post Thanks / Like

Now the question is Butler & Martin?
    You'd assume both will be delisted, but they're certainly taking their time announcing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    You'd assume both will be delisted, but they're certainly taking their time announcing it.
    That outcome gives us 4 picks and a potential DFA. With Lobb & Jones. Good mix of mature with the highly rated new. Seems like a good and balanced approach.

Post Thanks / Like

That outcome gives us 4 picks and a potential DFA. With Lobb & Jones. Good mix of mature with the highly rated new. Seems like a good and balanced approach.
    Which is why they’ll both be retained yeah?

14. Likes bulldogtragic, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Butler and Parker delisted, which means Martin gets a 1 year contract or gets to announce his retirement rather than a delisting? Which will it be?

Post Thanks / Like

What’s a defensive mid??? Not sure I’ve heard that term since 2014.
    In fairness, Libba's second half in the 2016 GF on Kennedy was the best effort we'd seen since Moz's debut game on McLeod.

Ideally we find a kid from outside the APS system who scrapes onto the rookie list. Any Frankston VFL reserves players with the middle name of Keith going around? Or a 'scrappy' Williamstown player?

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    So Butler and Parker delisted, which means Martin gets a 1 year contract or gets to announce his retirement rather than a delisting? Which will it be?
    Surely he retires. But I say that with no confidence.

So currently 4 ND picks and 1 RD pick. Surely Martin retires and a DFA offers something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely he retires. But I say that with no confidence.

So currently 4 ND picks and 1 RD pick. Surely Martin retires and a DFA offers something else.
    We've been linked with Rowe, not sure if we'd put him on the main list or rookie list.
    Do we have to elevate Sweet and/or Khamis this year? May be 3 live picks and 1 elevation for us this draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We've been linked with Rowe, not sure if we'd put him on the main list or rookie list.
    Do we have to elevate Sweet and/or Khamis this year? May be 3 live picks and 1 elevation for us this draft.
    From memory their time was reset as part of the messy 2020 list management mayhem. I’m a bit hoping of bringing in a fourth spot open and hoping someone we really rate is on the board at say Pick 15, and GWS would be open to live trading it for the Brisbane 2023 First. Or even in the second round live trading. That would allow us 4 picks in the top 40 this year (plus Lobb & Jones). If we absolutely won’t live trade, then perhaps an upgrade or spot open for SSP if no DFA on the main list. I just don’t see the need for Martin, and I see a lot of flexibility in having his spot open up. Surely the Wally call is harder than Martin.