Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We've been linked with Rowe, not sure if we'd put him on the main list or rookie list.
    Do we have to elevate Sweet and/or Khamis this year? May be 3 live picks and 1 elevation for us this draft.
    Parker is out and he was a rookie
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stef Martin has retired.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Stef Martin has retired.
    Everything is coming up Millhouse.

I'm liking this cleanout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Stef Martin has retired.
    Shame we didn't get him a couple of years earlier. He had a very good career.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes azabob, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Everything is coming up Millhouse.

I'm liking this cleanout.
    Great decisions by the club. In Wally’s case a tough call. But this is really good list management.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes EasternWest, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Great decisions by the club. In Wally’s case a tough call. But this is really good list management.
    Agree BT. I like the way we didn't rush into the decisions but took our time about them.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, what is the score now with list spots available to fill as at this present juncture?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    ok, what is the score now with list spots available to fill as at this present juncture?
    5 Main List
    1 Rookie List
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Thanks F'scary, KT31, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5 Main List
    1 Rookie List
    So, first 3 picks in the draft are a given. Question is do we use pick 69 &/or 87 or do we go 1 or 2 DFAs. Or other strategy?

I guess it depends on where you can spot the potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    So, first 3 picks in the draft are a given. Question is do we use pick 69 &/or 87 or do we go 1 or 2 DFAs. Or other strategy?

I guess it depends on where you can spot the potential.
    I’ve previously posted. For me, one DFA. Four spots to the draft. The fourth comes from:

Trading Brisbane’s Future First for say GWS pick 15 (like drafting Pickett at 12 & Weightman at 15) if the club really rates the kid available at 15
    Trading other future picks to get in this year
    Looking at a roughy at Pick 69
    Upgrading a rookie if so deserving
    Leaving it open for a SSP selection for players training with us over summer

Lots of options taking in four spots.

16. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5 Main List
    1 Rookie List
    We were running with a full 6 category A rookies. You can have just the 4 category A rookies and have 2 more on the primary list.

So although you would think we will stick with the current structure and go +5 to the main list and +1 to the rookies, we could also:

+6 main list, or

+7 main list and -1 rookie list (through a rookie elevation).

Another possibility involves shifting a category B rookie to category A (Khamis, Raak), reducing the overall list size, although I'm not sure why we would do that.

18. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We were running with a full 6 category A rookies. You can have just the 4 category A rookies and have 2 more on the primary list.

So although you would think we will stick with the current structure and go +5 to the main list and +1 to the rookies, we could also:

+6 main list, or

Another possibility involves shifting a category B rookie to category A (Khamis, Raak), reducing the overall list size, although I'm not sure why we would do that.
    True. There’s a very slight higher wages bill by moving the balance towards the main list too. I guess Power has right until the end of the ND to make a final decision. I guess if we live traded (for example) into four good picks, and at Pick 69 there’s someone the club really wants who won’t skip to Pick 11 in the rookie draft, Power has the flexibility to pull the trigger on that player at Pick 69 and forego the rookie draft pick. Power has left himself a lot of flexibility (from his delistings) as you say.

20. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve previously posted. For me, one DFA. Four spots to the draft. The fourth comes from:

Trading Brisbane’s Future First for say GWS pick 15 (like drafting Pickett at 12 & Weightman at 15) if the club really rates the kid available at 15

Pick 69 should move up substantially once FS & NGA bids are matched.
    We do have future picks to help move those later picks up too
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

22. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

very complicated business, these days. I have been reading your posts and they are very interesting. My 2 cents is that I have a natural aversion to trading future year picks for the current year. I get worried that comes the next draft, things have gone such that you really need to go to the draft and your highest pick isn't even worth draft points. 12 months can be a long time in football. I'm sure there are some clubs that have already done this to themselves. To me, it is kind of related to not managing your salary cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

+6 main list, or

...just to simplify things...