Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1809
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nice half volley for Sam Power to put away to the fence. Now to turn his attention towards some others, particularly Ed Richards.
    He has a long list for 2023, although some may not be worth re-signing until they prove their worth to perceiver with.

Agree, Ed would be a priority along with Mclean, Darcy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He has a long list for 2023, although some may not be worth re-signing until they prove their worth to perceiver with.

Agree, Ed would be a priority along with Mclean, Darcy
    It's a long list but most aren't overly concerning. They are either fringe players or very little chance of being poached. Darcy is obviously very important but would have to be a miniscule chance of leaving. McLean and Williams good players but not cornerstones of the team. Richards is the only one that worries me to any significant extent. Hopefully he is done early in the season before he drives his price up any further!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Richards took the first half of the season to increase his value.

Is it weird Darcy isn’t already done? I’m not nervous or anything but usually these top picks are extended before the end of their first year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Darcy had to wait for Gardner's 3 year extension to get done.

Congrats Gards
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

He just did an interview with Gaze and Maher and it's good to hear him say that he feels like he belongs.
    He thanks Bevo and especially Smith for sticking with him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He just did an interview with Gaze and Maher and it's good to hear him say that he feels like he belongs.
    He thanks Bevo and especially Smith for sticking with him.
    https://megaphone.link/NTETP9854127801
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Laitham Vandermeer: 2023

Lachlan McNeil: 2023 (Rookie)

Tim O'Brien: 2023

Jordon Sweet: 2023

Roarke Smith: 2023 (Rookie)

Mitch Hannan: 2023

Dominic Bedendo: 2023

Buku Khamis: 2023

Robbie McComb: 2023 (Rookie)

Cody Raak: 2023 (Rookie)
    Just had a look at who is out of contract this year and perhaps not in the frame for round 1 selection. It's going to be a defining year for some of these boys to try and break into the senior team and then hold their spot on the list.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 07-03-2023 at 05:23 PM.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Just had a look at who is out of contract this year and perhaps not in the frame for round 1 selection. It's going to be a defining year for some of these boys to try and break into the senior team and then hold their spot.
    Obviously we are unlikely to delist/trade them all, but they certainly need to show something to keep their spots.

It may be difficult to break in to the top team but they absolutely need to be at the top of the game for Footscray to show they are ready and perhaps attract attention from elsewhere to stay AFL listed players.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Obviously we are unlikely to delist/trade them all, but they certainly need to show something to keep their spots.

It may be difficult to break in to the top team but they absolutely need to be at the top of the game for Footscray to show they are ready and perhaps attract attention from elsewhere to stay AFL listed players.
    Sweet is the interesting one. If he decides to look for better opportunity elsewhere what will we do about replacing him?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet is the interesting one. If he decides to look for better opportunity elsewhere what will we do about replacing him?
    We would need to recruit a mature/readymade ruckman who could be called on if English is either injured or out of form.

As others have mentioned our strategy not to have drafted a ruck who could be developed behind English & Sweet is a strange call, but maybe we feel it's easier to draft a mature one when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We would need to recruit a mature/readymade ruckman who could be called on if English is either injured or out of form.

As others have mentioned our strategy not to have drafted a ruck who could be developed behind English & Sweet is a strange call, but maybe we feel it's easier to draft a mature one when needed.
    There is a ruck merry-go round every trade period. Fringe rucks are continually moving clubs for greater opportunity (at least perceived). There will be options from other AFL clubs and from the state leagues if Sweet were to depart.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried about that.

If we want a serviceable but unspectacular ruck to serve as a backup there is a number who have no real trade value. West Coast alone have 4 candidates (Williams, Jamieson, Barnett, Williams).

Our issue is that we haven't really tried at all to get another prospect on the list who could be more than that. Darcy I guess should count, but he fell into our lap, but say if English went we haven't really taken any measures to get a potential quality option onto our list.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried about any of those names. There's a reason they haven't been extended. Ultimately it's up to them to show something when they get their opportunity. I'd like to retain Raak, Bedendo, McNeil and Khamis as I think they have the most upside as they're all in the right age demographic.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Darcy has re-signed for 2 more years.. takes him through until the end of 2025.

18. Thanks The Doctor, bornadog, hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Sam Darcy has re-signed for 2 more years.. takes him through until the end of 2025.
    Bloody beautiful.

I love Marra, this kid though....