Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

I like Laith so happy days.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

VDM could be candidate to replace Duryea when he retires.

Im not convinced on VDM as a footballer ( skills) and durability (physically)

But the Coaches should know what they are doing

24 years old , there is a growing gap in our list of mid-20s players we recruited who don't make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

24 years old , there is a growing gap in our list of mid-20s players we recruited who don't make it.
    How does Duryea still get a game ? Seems to escape any scrutiny.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a chance that could happen but they're very different players.
    I agree that his durability hasn't been impressive so I guess we factored that into the deal.
    The other think that concerns me with Vandermeer is the way he rushes his decision making. He would need to improve that substantially to become Duryea's replacement.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's older than I thought... at his age he should be best 22. And he just got 2 years. **** we're generous with contract length.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That's older than I thought... at his age he should be best 22. And he just got 2 years. **** we're generous with contract length.
    Maybe if I ask really nicely I can get a year or two. I’m happy with Cat B.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Maybe if I ask really nicely I can get a year or two. I’m happy with Cat B.
    Get in line
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

For someone so injury prone it's weird that we're both going so early in the season and going two years.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not annoyed he's been extended, he is clearly rated by the MC and could potentially fill a few different roles for us to at least an ok standard, and has a clear point of difference to the rest of the list (speed).

I am annoyed this is a continuation of us just handing out years willy nilly to fringe players though. West still has a year to run and has never looked further away from being an AFL footballer, I don't expect us to fall out of love with Vandermeer prior to next season but it's definitely a possibility by this time next year.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I did not want to say it but this has kinda got an eker feel to it.
    drafted 2018
    33 games for 24 years old , so heading into this 5th year of AFL now + 2 more years to go with this contract!

Post Thanks / Like

2 years for VDM is silly and not necessary.
    W00F!

16. Likes EasternWest, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I'm not annoyed he's been extended, he is clearly rated by the MC and could potentially fill a few different roles for us to at least an ok standard, and has a clear point of difference to the rest of the list (speed).

I am annoyed this is a continuation of us just handing out years willy nilly to fringe players though. West still has a year to run and has never looked further away from being an AFL footballer, I don't expect us to fall out of love with Vandermeer prior to next season but it's definitely a possibility by this time next year.
    It's been a problem with Bevo with holding on to players a year or two too long. I stated in the list management thread that if fit VDM should be offered a 1 or 2 year deal so if it's weighted just a bit to the number of games played in his 2nd year it might not be a bad contract for us.
    I know from watching him train he does do the work so if he can get a good run at it then he might make it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's been a problem with Bevo with holding on to players a year or two too long. I stated in the list management thread that if fit VDM should be offered a 1 or 2 year deal so if it's weighted just a bit to the number of games played in his 2nd year it might not be a bad contract for us.
    I know from watching him train he does do the work so if he can get a good run at it then he might make it.
    I have not seen him play live , but does he look like a natural footballer? i.e reads the play, knows how to get in the right positions ?
    As you can't see where players run on TV, who they block or tackle for , all this sort of stuff off screen.

he has the same kicking disease as the rest of the team .

footywire stats:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ham-vandermeer

vs

Lachlan schultz : https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...achlan-schultz

drafted same year, Schultz x2, matches , leading in all areas, excepts stats are similar : for CA, I50, CL, R50.

what does CG mean?

VDM Schultz
    GM 33* 78
    K 5.3 7.6
    H 4.5 4.4
    D 9.8 12
    M 2.5 3.8
    G 0.6 1.1
    B 0.6 0.7
    T 2.1 2.9
    HO 0 0
    FF 0.6 1
    FA 0.7 1.1
    GA 0.6 0.6
    I50 2.4 2.1
    CL 0.4 0.4
    CG 2 2.7
    R50 0.3 0.4

My point is Schultz is a good player and that is the standard we should try to be retaining. Do we keep VDM for another 2 years so he potentially reach that standard or use that list spot for another potential candidate ? More hope than actually this happening as so many parameters to become a good and durable footy player and sometimes its just not getting injured!
    Last edited by macca; 08-06-2023 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    2 years for VDM is silly and not necessary.
    Has he even played this season? Why are we so quick to extend an injury prone player who has managed only 30+ games in 5 seasons?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How does Duryea still get a game ? Seems to escape any scrutiny.
    Legit questions;
    Who is putting pressure on Duyrea as our small lockdown defender? Who is showing leadership in the backline outside of their own game?
    More of an In Bruges guy?