Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1812
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Has he even played this season? Why are we so quick to extend an injury prone player who has managed only 30+ games in 5 seasons?
    He hasn't played senior footy this year and while I thought he deserved a deal I get why some would be a bit frustrated with signing up a player who's had injury challenges over a number of seasons. The fact that he played those 30+ games at around 10 per season in the previous 3 years probably highlights that the coaches think he's good enough when fit. Ironically his best year in terms of games played was the shortened season back in 2020 of 12 games out of 17.
    We've tried him in a few positions as well so I'd like to know how confident we are that he can be turned into a somewhat regular senior player for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Legit questions;
    Who is putting pressure on Duyrea as our small lockdown defender? Who is showing leadership in the backline outside of their own game?
    Second part Jones.

First part, no one unfortunately maybe Cleary and Poulter. Does Taylor lock down ?

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC, macca, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SECOND-CHANCE BULLDOG EYES EXTENSION

WESTERN Bulldogs rookie Oskar Baker is eyeing a contract extension after playing every game so far for the club since crossing from Melbourne.

The speedy wingman joined the Dogs as a pre-season supplemental selection period signing last December after being delisted by Melbourne.

Discussions are underway for a new contract beyond this season, with his current one-year deal in place for 2023.

The former Demon has taken his second chance at an AFL career, playing all 14 games so far this season and impressing.

Baker crossed to the Dogs after playing 15 games across five seasons for Melbourne, having been drafted from Queensland.

He has averaged 14 disposals this season and added some more run to the Dogs' mix, and recently gathered 22 disposals against Geelong in round 12. He started his season with a goal in each of the first three games of the Bulldogs' campaign. – Callum Twomey

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Started really well and has tailed off a lot but happy to extend him. Definitely has some traits we lack, including a bit of aggro.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We can keep him on the rookie list for another (up to) two years. Seems a low risk option from a list perspective. Not to mention Roarke, McNeil & Scott need to be delisted or promoted so there’s plenty of rookie list spots in a few months. That’s assuming McComb and Poulter are there next year too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We can keep him on the rookie list for another (up to) two years. Seems a low risk option from a list perspective. Not to mention Roarke, McNeil & Scott need to be delisted or promoted so there’s plenty of rookie list spots in a few months. That’s assuming McComb and Poulter are there next year too.
    I really can't see why we would keep McComb

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I really can't see why we would keep McComb
    Me neither. Just opens up a fourth rookie spot which makes it beyond a no brainer to keep/extend Baker on the rookie list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why we would be talking big money for English. He is not worth mitre than Bont. Absolutely worth more then Naughton so my thoughts are Bont 1m, English 850k-900k trade Naughton get as much as you can as his value is behind Bont and English. JUH, Darcy, Weightman and Arty will be the goods so Naughts is surplus to our needs.

Stick o your guns Power. This could be an interesting off season
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I can see why we would be talking big money for English. He is not worth mitre than Bont. Absolutely worth more then Naughton so my thoughts are Bont 1m, English 850k-900k trade Naughton get as much as you can as his value is behind Bont and English. JUH, Darcy, Weightman and Arty will be the goods so Naughts is surplus to our needs.

Stick o your guns Power. This could be an interesting off season
    I'd trade English ten times over before Naughton.
    W00F!

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We would be in dissray if English go , as his the Hybrid ruck ( less ruck more hybrid) type that Bevo needs
    I can see some of our midfields playing ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton is competitive as they come, amazing at ground level, popular with the group and one of the most popular with supporters, a reasonable goal kicker and a marking excitement machine. The type of player you go to watch and do something special.

I think English has come a long way and would much prefer to keep him than lose him but I don?t think he is worth more than Naughts $ wise, marketing wise or playing wise either. Bevo may need to change his ruck philosophy if English leaves and he can?t find what he wants.

Given all the time, effort and faith put into English I?ll be a bit upset with him if he leaves after offering him what I?m sure will be a decent contract, even though I do understand footy careers are short and so money is an important factor.

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Baker to stay a Bulldog

Western Bulldogs wingman Oskar Baker has put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension, tying him to the Kennel until at least 2025.

Baker was added to the Bulldogs? list on the opening day of last year?s pre-season supplementary selection period, following a five-season stint at Melbourne.

He made his red, white and blue debut in the opening round against his former Club, impressing with his speed, agility and versatility to retain his spot for the next 13 rounds.

?I?m absolutely stoked ? it?s funny how in nine months things can change, but I?ve really enjoyed the year here so far,? Baker said.

?I?m looking forward to two more in the red, white and blue.

?I think (the fresh start) has done wonders for me and my football. I?ve loved every minute of my time here so far.

?It was a massive positive for me to play the first 14 games. I took a lot out of that and will do what I can outside of the team to look forward to trying to get back into the team when they need me.?

Bulldogs? GM of List Management and Recruiting, Sam Power, said the contract extension was great reward for the 25-year-old.

?Oskar?s ability to play an important role on the wing and use his speed has been a hallmark of his first six months at the Bulldogs,? Power said.

?He has built strong relationships within the player group and having played less than 30 games; we see a lot of growth and upside in Oskar?s game.?

Baker joins the likes of Ed Richards, Sam Darcy, Cody Weightman, Ryan Gardner and Laith Vandermeer to commit to the Bulldogs this season.

19. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 years? He can't even get a game now and didn't look close on Saturday either.

Post Thanks / Like

2 years seems pretty generous.