Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Tigers Tail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tigers Tail

To go with Tanning Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

if richmond have another bad finishes at the end of this season, we should look to raid some of their younger players (2-3 years recruits) if they are any good i.e riewoldt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Do you think Wallace would survive a sub standard result by the half way mark though ?
    For what its worth I dont mind Kane Johnson and he isn't the reason for the Tigers ills.

Miller has been bluffing supporters and the media for too long and his constant game of musical chairs must catch up with him soon. The Tigers would be far better off without him.
    Is Greg Miller the most vastly overrated football administrator in the history of the game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Is Greg Miller the most vastly overrated football administrator in the history of the game?
    He made a few good decisions at North over a couple of years and has been living off for that for his entire career... Who blames him for that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    He is very politically savvy and works the fans and the media very well. He has this public perception that he is a good bloke when in fact he is short of the mark.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sheedy at a corporate function a few years ago said he always felt he'd finish his career at Richmond in some capacity. Not sure if he would be senior coach but he'd be great as an advisor in any capacity.

Richmond need a major rebuild, and Wallace is not the man who could make it work. Trading pick 19 for a light-bodied flanker might have sounded plausable to boost the average skill-level of the side, but it really does appear to be a stop-gap measure. Even their captain is recycled!
    I never really considered the mcMahon trade from this angle, but what you're saying makes sense. Why trade for a guy who wont be around when your young talented guys mature and moreso isn't the sort of guy who can teach them how to be a better player. I like McMahon and think that the shame of it is that he could have been a very good player for us had he knuckled down.

For Richmond though I don't see how he is going to add anything to them. He's not accountable enough to lead a backline with discipline. He's not good enough to play a pivotal role in the midfield. He's done nothing to suggest he could be a HFF with the ability to kick a bag and win games off his own boot. If the Tiger's had chased a Cross or a Boyd you oculd understand what Wallace was trying to do, but honestly McMahon will add to the "I" orientated Tiger culture.