Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment, Rnd 22, 2019 vs GWS

Naughton staring down at Davis after being manhandled all day was fantastic, last week it was Smith on Stringer, our young boys have the arrogance and hardness to make us one of the best.
    I can’t believe Smith with half a pre season was pushing stringer around, Stringers no light weight and had apparently been in the gym building up all preseason.
    That’s scary what Smith could become in the next few years, the same as Naughton he will be one big strong hard unit in a year or so.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was that the “hit” that led to the suspension of Jack Redpath the one that continued into the following season because of more AFL farce in ruling that he shouldn’t have played in a practice match? Seeing it again makes me see red (sorry). Davis should be embarrassed. I did love the posse supporting Aaron, I’m sure Big Tough Davis had been into him all day.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Was that the “hit” that led to the suspension of Jack Redpath the one that continued into the following season because of more AFL farce in ruling that he shouldn’t have played in a practice match? Seeing it again makes me see red (sorry). Davis should be embarrassed. I did love the posse supporting Aaron, I’m sure Big Tough Davis had been into him all day.
    That's the one. I believe it was 3 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Naughton staring down at Davis after being manhandled all day was fantastic, last week it was Smith on Stringer, our young boys have the arrogance and hardness to make us one of the best.
    I can’t believe Smith with half a pre season was pushing stringer around, Stringers no light weight and had apparently been in the gym building up all preseason.
    That’s scary what Smith could become in the next few years, the same as Naughton he will be one big strong hard unit in a year or so.
    Smith was getting stuck into Shaw yesterday too. Our boys hunt in packs these days and it's one in, all in (as it should be, footy is all about supporting your mates) it was Shaw v Smith and Lloyd yesterday and Stinger V Smith and Wood (I think) last week. Shaw or Stringer would push one out of the way only to have the other in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    That's the one. It ended up turning into 4 weeks and it's a fair point to say that it ended his career prematurely.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Smith was getting stuck into Shaw yesterday too. Our boys hunt in packs these days and it's one in, all in (as it should be, footy is all about supporting your mates) it was Shaw v Smith and Lloyd yesterday and Stinger V Smith and Wood (I think) last week. Shaw or Stringer would push one out of the way only to have the other in his face.

That's the one. It ended up turning into 4 weeks and it's a fair point to say that it ended his career prematurely.
    I mentioned in the '3 Things' thread how satisfying it is to see Shaw being stuck into.

For whatever reason, we are able to rattle him far more than any other club. He was exposed in the prelim for it and again yesterday.

As for the 'stare down', I have no doubt that Davis would have been trying to get into his ear at various stages during the game. To see him sprawled on his back with 3 of Aaron's teammates reminding him of his rightful place brought warm feelings to my heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Any other year, he’d be hands down rising star. If he was at another club of course

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Was downgraded, we appealed - lost - and then full 3 weeks handed down I think

Post Thanks / Like

When our Thug Bont crushed the larynx of Haynes and al ost KILLED him, he could have DIED.

11. Likes dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    When our Thug Bont crushed the larynx of Haynes and al ost KILLED him, he could have DIED.
    He could have. Thankfully the GWS doctors put him back out on the ground.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    He could have. Thankfully the GWS doctors put him back out on the ground.
    Yes and that is what the MRO would have taken notice of. He played out the game.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes and that is what the MRO would have taken notice of. He played out the game.
    To be fair a lot of didn't notice the fact he was playing in an iron lung.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes Testekill liked this post