Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  47
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bont still a Brownlow chance after quirk of MRO timing

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Very strange for a club to comment essentially pleading for a player to be suspended
    It's quite possible we play them in two weeks time again.
    It's pure self interest.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not a 'Quirk of MRO timing' in the slightest.

This is GWS coming out with a diagnosis 2 days after the fact, AFTER they allowed said player, who apparently was struggling to breathe, play out the remainder of the match.

Either their medical department are incompetent or their football department are spiteful. Either way its nothing to do with the MRO's timeframe.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    This is not a 'Quirk of MRO timing' in the slightest.

This is GWS coming out with a diagnosis 2 days after the fact, AFTER they allowed said player, who apparently was struggling to breathe, play out the remainder of the match.

Either their medical department are incompetent or their football department are spiteful. Either way its nothing to do with the MRO's timeframe.
    I think it is.

My understanding is that the finding handed down was low impact, but this was based purely by judgement and without a medical report. The MRO should have been in discussion with GWS to determine when a medical report would be made available and delayed the finding until this time... if it was known the medical report would be made available only a few hours later.

In saying that I don't believe it was a reportable offence, but if it was determined to be by the MRO then the decision needs have all evidence provided and not be half-arsed like it is in this case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think it is.

My understanding is that the finding handed down was low impact, but this was based purely by judgement and without a medical report. The MRO should have been in discussion with GWS to determine when a medical report would be made available and delayed the finding until this time... if it was known the medical report would be made available only a few hours later.

In saying that I don't believe it was a reportable offence, but if it was determined to be by the MRO then the decision needs have all evidence provided and not be half-arsed like it is in this case.

But half arsed and this AFL commission seem to go hand in hand!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with Bevo here, not sure what else Bont could have done?

Haynes will miss 2-4 weeks with a fractured larynx, which Beveridge labelled as "tragic", but he stands firm in his belief that match review decisions should be based on intent and whether there's any malice, rather the outcome.

"Marcus takes ground quickly, he's anticipating one of two things; one, Nick Haynes uses deception and baulks him and gets around him, so he's got to be careful, he's got to short his steps and he's got to slow down a fraction.

"Or two, he kicks the ball. Nick in his desire to get the most out of his kick, he kicks it extremely late.

"Marcus has virtually stopped and Nick's momentum has taken him into Marcus and what's he going to do but stand there."

8. Likes hujsh, Testekill, WBFC4FFC, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post