Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open mike .. Scott Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Without wanting to derail the tread too much, the sad reality is that Alan Jones has an established base of supporters who cheer him on when he says what he says, and he makes money for 2GB. The same probably couldn't be said for a lower tier broadcaster like Cummings. I'd love to see him cast from our airwaves forever but he'd just cry persecution and find another outlet.

I agree with you, it ain't right, its just what is.

I started feeling old reading that Mike Sheahan interview. I grew up in Werribee as well and the Catholic Primary School he talks about is probably my old school, St Andrews.

I've always felt Sheahan had a soft spot for us. There wouldn't be many on here who wouldn't sympathise with the notion that you follow along with who your family barracked for.
    Sheahen irritates me as much as Bruce but as a person he hasn’t forgotten his roots, I would back he is probably a very good person, he at least would check his story, nowadays they just make up stories then defend it by saying it was just an opinion or move on to some other rank stories hoping the public forget.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open mike .. Scott Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If anyone gets the chance watch it , blokes made a mistake in the media and his life has fallen apart, to be honest after watching it the guy is amazing, sadly we all make mistakes, when your in the media though it’s multifold.
    He is from the old school and he has learned so much.
    A lovable guy and you just don’t realise what good some people do that go unnoticed.
    He has apologised and through his own self has done a lot of education on his error.
    I wish him extremely well and would love to meet him one day.
    Yes clearly his manager has been in his ear about his brand which is at an all time low. Cummings is old skool all right an old skool bloke with old skool views. Has been called out on racism in the past as well. Good riddance.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes chef liked this post