Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting the Band(wagon) Back Together

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I went back and checked some of my reports from 2009/2010. He played way more reserves than seniors, crazy.
    If I recall correctly GVGjr was very bullish on his prospects.

Post Thanks / Like

Was he Chris Ogles(?) stable pony when he came down from Sydney?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Was he Chris Ogles(?) stable pony when he came down from Sydney?
    Yes he came down with Chris Ogle. His father was a pro golfer.
    Last edited by Bulldog4life; 23-08-2019 at 04:01 PM.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes he came down with Chris Ogle. His father was a pro golfer.
    Brett was an interesting character, heard him at the footy a number of times.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If I recall correctly GVGjr was very bullish on his prospects.
    Yep, I rated him. He was a very damaging player with plenty of pace and a strong kick
    I think the knock on him was the didn't get serious about his footy until he returned to Sydney and they took a chance on him.

He used to visit the site a bit as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    *!*!*!*!s sake; Ben Brown wasn't under our nose and neither was Barlow. Both started playing at Werribee after we aligned with Williamstown. Podsiadly is probably who you were thinking of
    You're right I mixed them up
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    *!*!*!*!s sake; Ben Brown wasn't under our nose and neither was Barlow. Both started playing at Werribee after we aligned with Williamstown. Podsiadly is probably who you were thinking of
    Does it count that Scott West told us about his potential?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

According to some mates, Bulldogs supporter Ned McHenry tore it up in the SANFL semi v Norwood on the weekend.

He kicked 4.1, had 17 disposals, 4 marks and 5 tackles. Tex Walker also singled him out on radio as a player that he thinks will become a star after seeing the game. McHenry goes for 30km runs in his free time, so could play a small pressure forward role with some midfield/wing time.

We were into him and rumours were that if we orchestrated a pick swap with GWS (to ensure they got Caldwell) we would have ended up with Smith and an extra pick to use on McHenry. We toured he and his family through WO. GWS allegedly got wind that the Crows had cooled on Caldwell in favour of Chayce Jones, so the deal fell over.

Ned was one of only three top 20 picks to not get a game this year (with Freo's Sam Sturt and Richmond's Riley Collier Dawkins) and I would hope we are firmly in his ear for a move to WO as soon as possible.

Poach early on this one.

11. Thanks bornadog, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes macca, azabob, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    According to some mates, Bulldogs supporter Ned McHenry tore it up in the SANFL semi v Norwood on the weekend.

He kicked 4.1, had 17 disposals, 4 marks and 5 tackles. Tex Walker also singled him out on radio as a player that he thinks will become a star after seeing the game. McHenry goes for 30km runs in his free time, so could play a small pressure forward role with some midfield/wing time.

We were into him and rumours were that if we orchestrated a pick swap with GWS (to ensure they got Caldwell) we would have ended up with Smith and an extra pick to use on McHenry. We toured he and his family through WO. GWS allegedly got wind that the Crows had cooled on Caldwell in favour of Chayce Jones, so the deal fell over.

Ned was one of only three top 20 picks to not get a game this year (with Freo's Sam Sturt and Richmond's Riley Collier Dawkins) and I would hope we are firmly in his ear for a move to WO as soon as possible.

Poach early on this one.
    I like it. From the sounds of it, we were potentially offering $700k to Jack Martin so we're probably struggling to meet the cap floor. Throw $500k at this kid and pry him out the door.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Jack Martin but $700k is way over what he is worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. From the sounds of it, we were potentially offering $700k to Jack Martin so we're probably struggling to meet the cap floor. Throw $500k at this kid and pry him out the door.
    I would think fairly modest money would probably do it. The Crows will leave him in the 2’s early in the year and try to sign him on a next to no money extension. I’d put money on it.

Slightly bettering their offer, at the club he supported, and in his home state would be enough I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

500k f$#$ me! You can have half a mill and you can have a half a mill and you can have half a mill too. I'd rather my money be centralised to entice a good AFL proven player. Lots to play out before trade week.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

We should be gouging the crows wherever possible right now

18. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ex-Bulldogs supporting Zach Merett won Essendon’s best and fairest in front of Shiel. As much as I rate him I know a player like him is not what we really need right now.

However, could we throw a big $$$ offer at him just for fun? Offer him huge money and then let them squirm, before ultimately blaming Dodo for it not getting done. He will be a FA at 25 when his deal expires at the end of 2021, it might plant the return home seed early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Ex-Bulldogs supporting Zach Merett won Essendon’s best and fairest in front of Shiel. As much as I rate him I know a player like him is not what we really need right now.

However, could we throw a big $$$ offer at him just for fun? Offer him huge money and then let them squirm, before ultimately blaming Dodo for it not getting done. He will be a FA at 25 when his deal expires at the end of 2021, it might plant the return home seed early.
    Plus there is the added irony of him being taken with the pick given over for Crameri

21. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post