Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  54
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee RD 1, 2019 Finals vs Greater Western Sydney

I'm coming around to playing JT in the side alongside Zaine to have another mature body. How much actual run would we lose out on having JT inside of Richards or West? I know they are different players, can tackle the question in relation to the individuals, but both will get it around a dozen times. Is this impact that big can added mobility is worth it? Hayes different for mine as will probably get it about 16-18 times and has a bigger tank. How much will West and/or Richards actually add to our run/mobility?

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is your dower defender, not pretty, but gets the job done.
    We selected Hamling, Roberts, Morris and Wood in our last prelim against them with their 3 tall setup, with TBoyd, Cordy, Stringer up forward for us.
    No reason why we shouldn’t go Trengove, Cordy, Young, Wood, with Schache and Naughton up forward.
    Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg will be a lot to handle without adding Trengove’s experience and ability to even a high ball contest. I still like the idea of using Zaine up forward if the opportunity presents.

Btw if Caleb does come in, be prepared for what appears to be the start of our first tattoo sleeve in recent times.

Post Thanks / Like

I want Trengove in. He is basically a great plan b in both the ruck and defence, has mongrel and size for the physicality GWS will bring, and deserves his place.

I am usually in the Beveridge camp of "better to be too short than too tall" but I think in this case am happy to make an exception. The fact that I really like the idea of Cordy being released to compete as an aggressive forward helps as well, and while I think I have liked Richards season more than most here I think him going out doesn't hurt us much.

Hayes has been excellent since his return to the seniors. A rate him similarly to Wallis. Not really good enough at anything specific to command a spot in our best 22, but a quality 23rd or 24th man that will step in and perform well enough that it makes them hard to drop. A lot of credit was to go to Will who looked completely meh and out of his depth in his first couple of games and now looks comfortable in a side that will play finals.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I’m leaning towards Trengove in also. GWS is one side you can go a bit taller against, and we know finals are more crash and bash vs outside run. JT can help in the ruck, he can stand in front of Cameron and block his space or he can free up Cordy to go forward. Just gives us options in case things turn pear shaped.

If it was me picking the side:

IN: Dickson, JT
    OUT: West, Richards
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    We selected Hamling, Roberts, Morris and Wood in our last prelim against them with their 3 tall setup, with TBoyd, Cordy, Stringer up forward for us.
    No reason why we shouldn’t go Trengove, Cordy, Young, Wood, with Schache and Naughton up forward.
    Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg will be a lot to handle without adding Trengove’s experience and ability to even a high ball contest. I still like the idea of using Zaine up forward if the opportunity presents.

Btw if Caleb does come in, be prepared for what appears to be the start of our first tattoo sleeve in recent times.
    Clay Smith
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’m leaning towards Trengove in also. GWS is one side you can go a bit taller against, and we know finals are more crash and bash vs outside run. JT can help in the ruck, he can stand in front of Cameron and block his space or he can free up Cordy to go forward. Just gives us options in case things turn pear shaped.

If it was me picking the side:

IN: Dickson, JT
    OUT: West, Richards
    Are you starting JT on Cameron?

To me it's the Cameron match-up that allows the rest of the puzzle pieces to fall into place.

Post Thanks / Like

After watching training today I’m tipping No change Trengove was training with the VFL same with Dickson .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    After watching training today I’m tipping No change Trengove was training with the VFL same with Dickson .
    Could be smoke and mirrors behind the shadows to quote an ex Bulldog.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be truly concerned if Trengove was not selected to play GWS.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Libba or Caleb out there?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't want Wood playing tall thanks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Don't want Wood playing tall thanks.
    What if Suckling or Crozier plays tall?

Post Thanks / Like

Wood can’t play tall anymore. When on the big boys he punches everything as he is not quite confident enough of out marking them as it is to risky. When on similar size opponents he is way more confident in the air and has returned to interceptor we remember. I agree with all in saying JT has to come in. He adds so much flexibility to the team and we need him to bash into Mummy in the ruck in the first quarter to slow him up early.

Old sharpshooter comes in as well if the hammy is good enough. Hard at it and chases like it might be his last game.
    Unfortunatly West misses as he is only first year and will have to earn it a bit more. Love him though. I can’t decide between Hayes and Richards as I want Richards pace and Hayes stamina and smarts. So I will have to sit in the fence for the last spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb was training but not at high intensity Libba was running laps .

Post Thanks / Like

If there’s a goal in it at half time I’d say we’re a red hot chance. Hope we come out swinging