Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  54
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee RD 1, 2019 Finals vs Greater Western Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I am very confident that Caleb Daniel will be playing football this weekend, and I don't think it will be at Footscray.
    Who does he replace?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

More and more I think it's going to be a bit more than just Dickson for West.

I can see Trengove for Young happening.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    More and more I think it's going to be a bit more than just Dickson for West.

I can see Trengove for Young happening.
    Trengove was very good on the weekend.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re : Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

I am very confident that Caleb Daniel will be playing football this weekend, and I don't think it will be at Footscray

Daniel and Dickson would need to be 110% fit imo. Finals history is littered with failures caused by playing those not fully fit.

I also can't see why Young would lose his place. far more athletic than Trengove to match up on Cameron, Finlayson, Himmelberg etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Re : Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

I am very confident that Caleb Daniel will be playing football this weekend, and I don't think it will be at Footscray

Daniel and Dickson would need to be 110% fit imo. Finals history is littered with failures caused by playing those not fully fit.

I also can't see why Young would lose his place. far more athletic than Trengove to match up on Cameron, Finlayson, Himmelberg etc
    Trengove is one of the best in the competition in terms of one on one percentage. He is underrated by Bulldog fans.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes 1eyedog, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Trengove is one of the best in the competition in terms of one on one percentage. He is underrated by Bulldog fans.
    He is your dower defender, not pretty, but gets the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who does he replace?
    I would think he replaces Richards or Hayes, and Suckling moves up the ground. Although I wouldn't be upset with Caleb on a wing either.

The coaching and medical staff, and Caleb, must be very confident with his body because he will be playing.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think he replaces Richards or Hayes, and Suckling moves up the ground. Although I wouldn't be upset with Caleb on a wing either.

The coaching and medical staff, and Caleb, must be very confident with his body because he will be playing.
    I think Suckling has been very good on a HBF, I wouldn't want him to move up the ground.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have I missed something, how is it that Caleb is available to play? Wasn't he out until the GF if we were to make it?
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Have I missed something, how is it that Caleb is available to play? Wasn't he out until the GF if we were to make it?
    That was the original thought, but Bevo spoke about it here, saying that he was more likely than Libba. Since that article his rehab has gone very well.

The question is where he fits in to our team, with our half back line working so well.

13. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Not by me. I was surprised he was dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So 6 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes to go.

It seems like there's 3 choices to be made:

Trengove vs Cordy
    Liberatore vs Richards
    Dickson vs West

Trengove vs Cordy

Trengove has more experience, although Cordy is a premiership player. Trengove has had a better season, but for brain fading disposals sometimes deep in defence. If a vicious football hits English in the eye and we need someone to step up and break even against Mumford, Tremgove is the man. Cordy can go play as a Defensive forward, but that shouldn't be needed. Maybe JT's bigger body and experience gives him a slight edge.

Liberatore vs Richards

I like the foot speed of Richards but he's not impacting games to the level that Liberatore can. If Libba is fit to play, he plays for his talent as well as experience in big games and ability to lock down opposition guns at the contest and then win his own footy after.

Dickson vs West

While West is quicker and is kamikaze at the footy and I wish he could play, if Dickson is fit we need as many reliable kicks at goal as we can. So Dickson with a lot more big game experience and goal kicking ability.

Ins: Trengove, Liberatore, Dickson
    Outs: Cordy, Richards, West (all omitted)

I'd bring along any 2016 premiership players to create some good vibes, Morris, Picken, Tom Boyd, Cordy or Roberts if they can.
    I've just seen Libba is still out 'indefinite'.

So it's just really two open questions right now as I see it.

Trengove or Cordy
    Dickson or West/Richards

Trengove & Dickson come in. Cordy & West unlucky outs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've been taught an important lesson in the last 48 hours. And that is, don't trust AFL footballers when they're drunk. Even very short AFL footballers.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've been taught an important lesson in the last 48 hours. And that is, don't trust AFL footballers when they're drunk. Even very short AFL footballers.
    How short is said drunk footballer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How short is said drunk footballer?
    Depends if he is wearing his helmet or not.
    More of an In Bruges guy?