Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  54
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee RD 1, 2019 Finals vs Greater Western Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Query our undersized backline and no Trengove support vs Mumford.

But about West? WooHoo! Doesn't get a game for most of the year, now playing in an AFL final!
    It's natural to lament Libba's absence, particularly against these wankers, but in his own way young Westy brings a similar toolbox. Hungry, clever with ball in hand and tough - seriously tough - at ground level. He's ready.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those crazy Bevo moments where we'll either be lamenting the absence of Trengove and Dicko for the rest of Spring or lauding him for sticking to his guns and not changing the winning formula.

There's a fine line between lunatic and genius and it's defined by success. C'mon boys do us proud.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It's natural to lament Libba's absence, particularly against these wankers, but in his own way young Westy brings a similar toolbox. Hungry, clever with ball in hand and tough - seriously tough - at ground level. He's ready.
    Yes he doesn't take a backwards step does he! He was wrestling someone v Crows on the grandstand side, think it was Douglas and I think the Crows player wished he never got involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    This is one of those crazy Bevo moments where we'll either be lamenting the absence of Trengove and Dicko for the rest of Spring or lauding him for sticking to his guns and not changing the winning formula.

There's a fine line between lunatic and genius and it's defined by success. C'mon boys do us proud.
    Very well written and yes 100% correct.

That said I am very confident in this group of players
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

They get lids, Hopper, Greene & Haynes back.

I thought the GWS autopsy report leaked to the press concluded that Bonts violently murdered Haynes. Unless this is another Haynes?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes ratsmac, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They get lids, Hopper, Greene & Haynes back.

I thought the GWS autopsy report leaked to the press concluded that Bonts violently murdered Haynes. Unless this is another Haynes?
    I wonder if GWS will come after Bont for his ‘vicious’ hit?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I wonder if GWS will come after Bont for his ‘vicious’ hit?
    I hope so, they just can't stand by while murder of Haynes goes unanswered. And every time a side goes physically after Bont, Bont responds with the footy and is a clear BOG. So fly the flag GWS.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Avg player experience for this weekend's named 22s
    146 @WestCoastEagles
    129 @GeelongCats
    124 @Richmond_FC
    116 @CollingwoodFC
    113 @GWSGIANTS
    106 @brisbanelions
    88 @essendonfc
    76 @westernbulldogs

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Balls. Of. Steel.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

A little surprising - expected one of Dickson or Trengove in. Can understand not having both.

I don’t necessarily hate it, we’re backing ourselves in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Avg player experience for this weekend's named 22s
    146 @WestCoastEagles
    129 @GeelongCats
    124 @Richmond_FC
    116 @CollingwoodFC
    113 @GWSGIANTS
    106 @brisbanelions
    88 @essendonfc
    76 @westernbulldogs
    I see it and think we are against it. However this has been the same all year. Bevo will tell the guys “Why not us” the youth will kick in and come to the fore. These kids believe and belief is so dangerous when your backs to the wall
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does Bevo do this? What we mere mortals believe should happen doesn't. I would of thought that at least Trengove comes in to help defend their tall forwards. I get incredibly nervous every time we go in small against a tall forward line because of that Carlton game this season where it didn't end well. We are going to need our mids to defend the middle of the ground well to stop their supply.
    In Bevo we trust
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the 35-50 kph winds play a role in leaving Trengove out?

Still think Dickson should be playing ahead of West.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t realise the wind prediction. It seems like we kept the team together to suit the conditions. Everyone is worried about their talks. What if it’s bloody hard to mark the ball. In Bevo I trust. Bloody hope Westy has a belter and announces himself to the footy world as a gun son of a gun. I to think he is a tough little bugger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Does the 35-50 kph winds play a role in leaving Trengove out?

Still think Dickson should be playing ahead of West.
    Dickson is a traveling emergency thus still a chance hr makes the final team.

19. Likes azabob liked this post