Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee RD 1, 2019 Finals vs Greater Western Sydney

The other bonus with Trengove is that he can play second ruck if something where to happen too Timmy aka Mummy tries to kill him legally of course.

Its going to line ball this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The other bonus with Trengove is that he can play second ruck if something where to happen too Timmy aka Mummy tries to kill him legally of course.

Its going to line ball this one.
    Without Boyd there to back up Roughy in 2016, we don't get past the prelim.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Cameron doesn't play power forward he's a ranger like N.Riewoldt would think Cordy takes him when he's playing high.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Giants will be up for this and we will need to be at our best for 4 quarters to beat them. It would be a foolish mistake to think the result two weeks ago means anything.

I don't like the media hype that's building around us either. This game will be be won and lost in the mind.

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the Bye

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks 1eyedog, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Since the Bye

So pretty much the second best team in the comp.

GWS would be absolutely spewing they scored us straight up. If it's a mind game we've already won by 10 goals.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

All the stats are good offensively. How’s the defensive side of things going?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane game on the weekend means stats don’t mean anything , the same as Essendon and Freo the week before, scoreboard is the one that counts.
    I hope players don’t read stats it would totally confuse their brain.
    Over rated media thing they love to pick out the ones that suit their way of proving they know what they are talking about.
    David King I blame you !
    In politics he would be a spin doctor.
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    All the stats are good offensively. How’s the defensive side of things going?
    Pressure factor may be the biggest indicator here. I assume this attribute is averaged across offense / defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So pretty much the second best team in the comp.

GWS would be absolutely spewing they scored us straight up. If it's a mind game we've already won by 10 goals.
    It is a mind game, but its ours we need to worry about. We cant get ahead of ourself as these things have a habit of coming back to hunt you. One thing I can promise you is that we will most certainly be playing against a more aggressive, desperate and committed GWS in two weeks. Bevo needs to keep these guys focused and come out swinging.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    ItÂ’s not poor judgement regarding Cordy, or heÂ’s just all of a sudden become a whipping boy. The stats back it up. He loses around 40% of one on one contests, which is worst in the league. HeÂ’s not a natural interceptor or play maker, and his disposal is average at best. HeÂ’s a competitor and never drops his head, but I donÂ’t see what net benefit heÂ’s providing the side now that Young has emerged.
    Cordy’s determination is his greatest quality and has been the one constant tall defender all year. Hard to imagine that he will miss selection as Bevo has shown a lot of confidence in Cordy. If there is to be a change then it could be the more experienced and stronger Trengove to replace Young. We still lack a back up support ruck man to English and this is where Trengove has done very well. This is not a role for either Schache or Naughton as we miss their effectiveness up forward.
    Last edited by Nuggety Back Pocket; 27-08-2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Remove A in Cordy

16. Likes strebla, merantau, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Brisbane game on the weekend means stats don’t mean anything , the same as Essendon and Freo the week before, scoreboard is the one that counts.
    I hope players don’t read stats it would totally confuse their brain.
    Over rated media thing they love to pick out the ones that suit their way of proving they know what they are talking about.
    David King I blame you !
    In politics he would be a spin doctor.
    Totally agree with this. Still the best one was this year when Freo had more inside 50's than the Eagles and lost by 96 points. Kingy was trying to make a positive out of it that the coaches would have been happy. The only coach that would have been happy was Simpson. Crouch had 50 p's on the weekend and did not hurt us at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Totally agree with this. Still the best one was this year when Freo had more inside 50's than the Eagles and lost by 96 points. Kingy was trying to make a positive out of it that the coaches would have been happy. The only coach that would have been happy was Simpson. Crouch had 50 p's on the weekend and did not hurt us at all.
    Exactly. Same with Lachie Neale. Had 50 possessions but how many of them were 2m hand passes to someone under pressure or a 15m sideways kick?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Exactly. Same with Lachie Neale. Had 50 possessions but how many of them were 2m hand passes to someone under pressure or a 15m sideways kick?
    Pretty sure you will find Lachie Neale had 373 metres gained. Which is 50 more than Bont had against the Giants.

He played a very, very good game and 50 touches is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    But having more i50's (and I think they one contested possessions that night) IS A POSITIVE/ARE POSITIVES.

When you look at a game, the score ultimately tells the story. But the score is not always reflective of what happened on the field.

Continually losing in the same way is a problem, but coaches NEED to use stats to help players understand where things are going wrong. Clearly in that Freo vs WC game, they had an inside 50m connection problem. It means one (or more) of a few things:

- Haphazard/not to the plan delivery inside 50.
    - Haphazard/not to the plan POSITIONING (by the forwards) i50
    - Forwards getting too high and delivering i50.
    - Backs winning 1-v-1s or creating outnumber. If an out-number, maybe ball movement question (too slow? too quick).

There are a million things. Telling the players they lost by 90 points and are therefore no good and need to do better...that isn't helpful. Showing them where things went wrong and providing a plan to fix it...well, that's coaching. And the parts of the game they were winning? Well, those things are POSITIVES

21. Thanks Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, hujsh liked this post