Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things you have learned-round 23 v Adelaide Crows at Mars Stadium 2019

OK folks this is it. Tell us 3 things you have learned today.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 23 v Adelaide Crows at Mars Stadium 2019

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 23 v Adelaide Crows at Mars Stadium 2019

1. The right call was made to keep Young in the side.
    2. We gave Keath a vision of what his life could be like next year.
    3. Finals. If you said that at the bye, you'd be institutionalised.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Testekill, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/ I had stuck fat with Bailey Dale and as soon as I jumped off (post his Rd 13 performance v Carlton) he's not only salvaged his career, but is becoming the player we could see all along... another promising performance.

2/ Our best is as good as anyone's, but we need to make it count on the scoreboard when we hold sway.

3/ To get back into the finals after such a poor start to the year is a terrific effort... expectations aren't high, but with such a young team it's a great sign for the future.

6. Likes GVGjr, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Shop early and avoid the rush. Still rings true 65 years later.
    2. There's nothing better than a player repaying his coach's faith. Well done Lew Young.
    3. The three musketeers well be a nightmare midfield match up in September.

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Youngest side fielded this weekend, a pressure all or nothing game. This game historically is the type we drop our bundle for. We came out and played like a team that was not going to do anything but grab our chance. A nice chip away at erasing past history and creating a new one.
    2. Our forward line is evolving very quickly and our mids increasing ability to connect with them is a massive change from what was previously a big weak point for us.
    3. Going to be a vastly different GWS in 2 weeks to the one we faced last week; but they'd be very nervous too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. Youngest side fielded this weekend, a pressure all or nothing game. This game historically is the type we drop our bundle for. We came out and played like a team that was not going to do anything but grab our chance. A nice chip away at erasing past history and creating a new one.
    2. Our forward line is evolving very quickly and our mids increasing ability to connect with them is a massive change from what was previously a big weak point for us.
    3. Going to be a vastly different GWS in 2 weeks to the one we faced last week; but they'd be very nervous too.
    Hopefully under done too.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We don't know what we don't know - injuries and niggles had Dale and Suckling written off by many here at various stages. Back to full fitness and mobility and they are playing great football.

2. Crozier should finish top 5 in our B&F. Huge year.

3. Playing finals it what it's all about. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - we are one of the most unselfish and even sides going around and play for each other and want to bring others into the game.

2 - I wouldn’t want to be our list manager in two years. We have some stars, some emerging stars, some guys that other clubs are honing to come hard for. I hope we can keep the lust together with everyone getting enough coin to stay

1 - we will go all the way this year again.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

13. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. He's not a big name player, but Lipinski might be the best player on our list for one-touch pick ups off the ground.

2. I have never been as confident in the state of our list ever as I am now. Youngest side in the top 8 by far, huge cap space, crop of brilliant NGA/FS talent due to come to us in 2020 and we have one of only three teenagers since 89 to have taken 50 contested marks in a season with us and under a long term contract.

3. Our weaknesses are as much to do with age profile as it is a list imbalance.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

1. I still get nervous when we miss a few consecutive 'easy' goals. JJ, those two on the run, just to name a couple. Nail those and the crows coffin has not only had the lid nailed on, but the first few clods of dirt have been tossed into the grave by family and friends.

2. Our midfield is incredible and they are ALL. Big, strong, powerful and very very clever. A cluster of Bont, Macrae and Dunkley, with Lipinski, Bailey Smith, Lachie Hunter, Westie Jr and Ed Richards swarming around the outside is pretty hard to beat. That is a massive load of footy IQ, Muscle and fast hands.

3. BAILEY SMITH!!! What a beast he will be. won't win the rising star but could well be the best player of his draft year.

16. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. 4 more wins to go!!!
    2. This side has balls the size of bowling balls
    3. I may have already known both of those things but I love saying them.
    3.a WE ARE PLAYING IN THE *!*!*!*!ING FINALS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    1. He's not a big name player, but Lipinski might be the best player on our list for one-touch pick ups off the ground.

2. I have never been as confident in the state of our list ever as I am now. Youngest side in the top 8 by far, huge cap space, crop of brilliant NGA/FS talent due to come to us in 2020 and we have one of only three teenagers since 89 to have taken 50 contested marks in a season with us and under a long term contract.

3. Our weaknesses are as much to do with age profile as it is a list imbalance.
    I was going to agree about Lippa he is the best at the one touch pick up since Doug Hawkins who was the absolute master folowed since Michael Maclean.

But. Have you noticed that none of those kids get knocked over or fall over in the contest? Falling over is a real bugbear of mine but I haven't really noticed a real lot of it happening this season. Given we are such a young team it's great we are keeping our feet in contested situations.

19. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    1. I still get nervous when we miss a few consecutive 'easy' goals. JJ, those two on the run, just to name a couple. Nail those and the crows coffin has not only had the lid nailed on, but the first few clods of dirt have been tossed into the grave by family and friends.

2. Our midfield is incredible and they are ALL. Big, strong, powerful and very very clever. A cluster of Bont, Macrae and Dunkley, with Lipinski, Bailey Smith, Lachie Hunter, Westie Jr and Ed Richards swarming around the outside is pretty hard to beat. That is a massive load of footy IQ, Muscle and fast hands.

3. BAILEY SMITH!!! What a beast he will be. won't win the rising star but could well be the best player of his draft year.
    What the hell bit macabre.

1. Our foot skills are tracking out of this world. Even our young guys are nailing players on the lead from 40m.

2. Quality send off for a c grade player nice respect from us.

3. Schache is more important to us than Jake Stringer would be. Nice work Granty.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

21. Likes Dry Rot, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    1 - we are one of the most unselfish and even sides going around and play for each other and want to bring others into the game.

2 - I wouldn’t want to be our list manager in two years. We have some stars, some emerging stars, some guys that other clubs are honing to come hard for. I hope we can keep the lust together with everyone getting enough coin to stay

1 - we will go all the way this year again.
    Shouldn't this be in the rooting thread?

23. Likes josie, Twodogs liked this post