Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  140
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final 1 - who’s going?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Sorry to hear mate. Huge kudos for getting there though, bleed red white and blue.
    Yeah it's like a 6am Sunday morning walk home of shame.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah it's like a 6am Sunday morning walk home of shame.
    Both scenarios involve getting bent over
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Awful. I’m glad I went, but it was high risk/reward stuff and it hasn’t paid off, 3.5hrs to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What a freaking depressing drive home this is.

Post Thanks / Like

I flew up yesterday during the day and flew back last flight last night. It was a great experience. Meeting up with family and friends was exciting and the anticipation before the game at the brewery was electric. Flattening result but if they played again today id do it all again. I love this club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    I flew up yesterday during the day and flew back last flight last night. It was a great experience. Meeting up with family and friends was exciting and the anticipation before the game at the brewery was electric. Flattening result but if they played again today id do it all again. I love this club
    Ditto, except at the airport now .
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.5 hour delay but much more fortunate than most. Got there for the first bounce. The feeling at the ground was not like last time by a long stretch and the game was awful. But got to catch up with some friends from Sydney. Had a chat to Dunks, who was at the same bar as I was with his family later on in the night. He's an absolute gentleman, and as you expect although he was disappointed in the game, he was extremely positive about where we are headed.

Got back mid yesterday with only a half hour delay.

At the game, there was one bloke with 4 young kids, who arrived at 3 quarter time. They couldn't have been flatter. The poor kids.
    And then some scumbags (GWS 'supporters') sat down behind us and teed off on the bulldogs and victorians for a while to try and get a bite out of our bay - which nobody bothered with - execpt when we reprimanded them for swearing in front of the kids - but otherwise ignored the nonsense.