Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
Good on them they toughed it out and got the reward. I've got new respect for them, they're doing an us 2016 this finals series.
If they do go all the way I think that quite rightly the effort will be around the mark and comparable to our 2016.

Week one, got one of form sides of the competition leading into the finals, but at home so not as difficult as our week one. The first home final offset by having to travel for the second final albeit against an inexperienced finals campaigner, versus us against the reigning premiers in Melbourne which is kind of a tie.

The preliminary finals are interesting. I think GWS at home in 2016 was a tougher ask than Collingwood at the MCG in 2019 for a travelling team, but that might be me being biased. What I would say however, is that in each preliminary final the conditions were perfect for the team fielded by GWS and the style they needed to play to win.

No question the grand final is going to be a tougher ask for GWS than it was for us. It's Richmond's home deck and we didn't have to travel in 2016 which definitely counts for something.

So their road has been a bit easier, but the big dance is probably more difficult.