Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

I hope the Tiggers win and win big. The Plastic Franchise have had 33 first round picks (not including rookie and preseason picks) and who knows how many millions of dollars, to get where they are. I have zero respect for them as an organisation, they're not even worthy of the name 'club' in my book. They are simply an experiment, pumped up so the AFL can say that they were right in putting an AFL team where people don't like AFL. They have 30k members,a sizable number of those in Canberra, yet can't even fill out their small ground. They waved big checks at young/vulnerable/ greedy men, who walked out on their clubs to take the money. In our case, the guy who would likely have been captain, possibly premiership captain. I was glad the career of our ex captain fizzled out to nothing with them. A guy like Sam Reid I have no beef with, good luck to him. Even clubs gifted everything from day one need players to fill spots. Their on field success means nothing, except for those who aren't sure what will happen when a team is built from the ground up with money and the best players, year after year.

I hope the Tiggers can get up by 50+, and this garbage excuse of a club go another year without winning it. It'll be a dark day when they do.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Richmond win and I hope it's a good game. There is nothing worse than a one-sided GF.
    I think it will be close. GWS are on a real roll. Once again it will be down to their midfield. Mummy will not have as tough an assignment this week. It was a measure of how well the GWS mids played that even with Grundy dominating, especially in the last quarter, they managed to harass and pressure the Pies on-ballers frustrate them and hang on for a well-earned win.
    Tigers to win by 15 points. Norm Smith - Bashir Houli.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be going for the Giants, they've had an amazing September so far and if they win it with the adversity they've had so far im not so how you can not admire it myself. But hey each to their own.

I really dont have that melty hatred of them anymore.
    The curse is dead.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I'll be going for the Giants, they've had an amazing September so far and if they win it with the adversity they've had so far im not so how you can not admire it myself. But hey each to their own.

I'm still nuclear on GWS.
    I'd struggle to support them against a combined Hitler- Pol Pot All Star 18.......
    I acknowledge their achievements thus far in 2019, and how they've forged a successful culture in 8 years, whilst Gold Coast, with 1 extra season behind them, are still a basket case.

I hate them in a manner that befits a hardcore rivalry. I really think the two clubs have enough links that make for a natural and enduring rivalry.
    And with that in mind, I wish them nothing but eternal anguish, especially this week. More importantly though, I hope the next time we meet them we belt the living crap out of them.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS are a farce. I know Reid, De Boer and Lloyd make for nice stories but if any and all of them weren't playing and didn't play a game all season then they would be in the exact same position.

They stole players, they got everything handed to them, gifted their own stadium, are apparently allowed to run away from drug testers, bash people with crutches so badly that they suffer from PTSD 4 years after the fact, eye gouge, posture, complain when they're booed at home, king hit people when they're in vulnerable positions, and worst of all apparently have a team Whatsapp group to circle jerk each other about how good they are as people.

They're WANKERS and I want the Tigers to murder them in cold blood.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    GWS are a farce. I know Reid, De Boer and Lloyd make for nice stories but if any and all of them weren't playing and didn't play a game all season then they would be in the exact same position.

They stole players, they got everything handed to them, gifted their own stadium, are apparently allowed to run away from drug testers, bash people with crutches so badly that they suffer from PTSD 4 years after the fact, eye gouge, posture, complain when they're booed at home, king hit people when they're in vulnerable positions, and worst of all apparently have a team Whatsapp group to circle jerk each other about how good they are as people.

They're WANKERS and I want the Tigers to murder them in cold blood.
    Pleased to know you are fair and open minded.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

Yep 2016 will make me laugh at them for many years to come.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#AnyoneButGWS

They are my most hated team in the comp.
    I threw my weight behind Brisbane, than Collingwood, and now Richmond. Toby Greene and 90% of that team should never be near a premiership cup.

Richmond, steamroll these turds.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep 2016 will make me laugh at them for many years to come.
    Yep. Would be a different story if we lost that game.
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want GWS winning anything. I want them to continue to struggle to get supporters and win things until they get shipped off to Tassie where they should be. I don't want them to be a fellow premiership winner. I don't want their players to experience the joy of winning anything.

Who the hell wants to see Toby Green holding the cup aloft with a premiership medal around his neck? Have you guys gone completely in*!*!*!*!ingsane or something?

For *!*!*!*!s sake...
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't want GWS winning anything. I want them to continue to struggle to get supporters and win things until they get shipped off to Tassie where they should be. I don't want them to be a fellow premiership winner. I don't want their players to experience the joy of winning anything.

Who the hell wants to see Toby Green holding the cup aloft with a premiership medal around his neck? Have you guys gone completely in*!*!*!*!ingsane or something?

For *!*!*!*!s sake...
    Don't think too many of us want to see GWS win the flag. For mine, Richmond were the lesser of 4 PF evils by the length of the Flemington Straight, and I hope they wipe the floor with the Giants on Saturday. I am prepared to give GWS grudging respect for their finals performances on the road in the last fortnight, and if they somehow conjure up a victory in the GF they will have well and truly earned it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a fierce match, with either Richmond eking out a slim victory or GWS steam rolling their way to the flag.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If GWS are in front with 30 seconds left and no chance of losing, the tv will be going off. I can not stomach their bunch of lowlife thugs rolling in the grass with each other celebrating victory. I do not wanna see THAT grin of Toby Greene, wide enough to fits a bakers dozen fists in there, parading around the ground with the cup. I just couldn’t stomach it. The fact they are in the GF is a hard pill to swallow of a club I HATE with a passion.

So, Richmond are like the dogs to me this Saturday. I don’t want them to just win, I want them to win by 80+ and I want the game done and dusted at quarter time. 9 goals to NOTHING !!!!
    I will never see #16 the same!!

17. Likes bornadog, choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If GWS are in front with 30 seconds left and no chance of losing, the tv will be going off. I can not stomach their bunch of lowlife thugs rolling in the grass with each other celebrating victory. I do not wanna see THAT grin of Toby Greene, wide enough to fits a bakers dozen fists in there, parading around the ground with the cup. I just couldn’t stomach it. The fact they are in the GF is a hard pill to swallow of a club I HATE with a passion.

So, Richmond are like the dogs to me this Saturday. I don’t want them to just win, I want them to win by 80+ and I want the game done and dusted at quarter time. 9 goals to NOTHING !!!!

Yeah. That's what I want too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

19. Likes DOG GOD, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If you really want to equate them with us they'll need to slot through at least a dozen unanswered majors ...

That sounds like an acceptable start to the game.

May the AFEL's mutant spoiled child shit the bed and unravel in the most humiliating possible way.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

21. Likes DOG GOD liked this post