Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    GWS have never won a game in which both Greene and Whitfield have missed. Huge stat.
    *orders a jumbo bag of popcorn*
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 from 17 at the G doesn't help them. No Whitfield is devastating for them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they seriously saying he will miss just one week after an emergency appendectomy?

Well, that would be impressive. And - should they get past Collingwood - they would be potentially adding Coniglio, Greene and Whitfield to a team that won a prelim?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Are they seriously saying he will miss just one week after an emergency appendectomy?

Well, that would be impressive. And - should they get past Collingwood - they would be potentially adding Coniglio, Greene and Whitfield to a team that won a prelim?
    Don’t even...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Both GWS Fans Descend On MCG For Prelim Final
    The Shovel

GWS Giants fans have swamped Melbourne ahead of Saturday’s clash with Collingwood, with both saying they are hopeful of a grand final berth for their team.

Virgin and Qantas considered putting on extra flights to accommodate the influx of Giants fans, but later confirmed they were able to find half an aisle free on an existing flight.

GWS fan Josh Leech – whose wife Sarah is also a fan – said he hoped ticketing arrangements would allow all of the GWS fans to sit together, to create maximum impact. “We’ve asked the MCG whether they can organise both seats together. It can be a pretty intimidating site for an opposition player to look up and be confronted with a sea of orange”.

Sarah Leech – whose husband Josh is also fan – said the GWS cheer squad would march to the ground together. “Josh might duck of to get a record while I hold the flags, but otherwise we’ll be a unified force. Collingwood doesn’t know what’s going to hit them”.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2019/09/...erm=2019-09-20
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

7. Likes hujsh, Mofra, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Didn't Bont only miss a week?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Missed 2 games - appendix removed on Tuesday 11th July, played again on Sunday the 29th (against Port in Ballarat - bet he wished he had given it 1 more week!).

10. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale Morris had his taken out at half time during one game, played second half and received the BOG.

12. Likes merantau, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think GWS could still win the whole thing?

I'm just getting 2016/2017 vibes about them with complete playing group buy in and fringe players like Brent Daniels playing beyond normal levels. Collingwood I think are still a bit vulnerable, and with the sheer talent they have at the top end GWS are a big chance of taking the whole thing out.

Obviously it isn't my preference, but I just feel like they are going to do it, even without Greene and Whitfield this week.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

I'm just getting 2016/2017 vibes about them with complete playing group buy in and fringe players like brent Daniels playing beyond normal levels. Collingwood I think are still a bit vulnerable, and with the sheer talent they have at the to end GWS are a big chance of taking the whole thing out.

Obviously it isn't my preference, but I just feel like they are going to do it, even without Greene and Whitfield this week.
    Potentially, with Keefe offering Mumford support.

Grundy is the ace-card here. Mummy can't go with him around the ground. If Grundy fires, Pies win. I'm not convinced by GWS' MCG record either.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Potentially, with Keefe offering Mumford support.

Grundy is the ace-card here. Mummy can't go with him around the ground. If Grundy fires, Pies win. I'm not convinced by GWS' MCG record either.
    I reckon that Tomlinson is the ace in the hole. If he can give Mumford a realistic chop out and help around the ground with a few touches that will go a long way to helping GWS over the line.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just getting 2016/2017 vibes about them with complete playing group buy in and fringe players like Brent Daniels playing beyond normal levels. Collingwood I think are still a bit vulnerable, and with the sheer talent they have at the top end GWS are a big chance of taking the whole thing out.

Personally I would be surprised if GWS beat Collingwood at the MCG especially with those 2 players out. Time will tell but c'mon Pies.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the elimination final I was pretty concerned. The semi final performance was also excellent and I don't see why they couldn't give it a shake.

None of the teams seem to be clearly above the others.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which I want more; GWS failing in another prelim, or GWS making a granny and failing then.

So torn.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Time to get back in the saddle and start rooting.

Richmond to demolish Geelong, with plenty of camera cuts to Chris Scott pouting all night and Harry Taylor limping off the ground after another failed finals series.

GWS to lose in agonising fashion, with Jeremy Cameron and/or Phil Davis making a game losing mistake late in Q4.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post