Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They were so excited about their list mgt last year... for where they were, players who stand up in finals should’ve been the litmus test.
    Just hanging on with old players to keep making finals , eg kangaroos a few years ago.
    They will fall away next year, Ablett really looking done tonight.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Nic Nat will be licking his chops next week against Geelong's rubbish ruck division and one-way downhill skiing midfield.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just hanging on with old players to keep making finals , eg kangaroos a few years ago.
    They will fall away next year, Ablett really looking done tonight.
    Gary Senior, Nathan & Michael are all better Abletts to be playing right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Time for a tap on the shoulder
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

And Kevin
    Bring back the biff

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dahl with 6 disposals at 67%. Have to question his motovation tonight. Like Stringer last night.

Three second rounders used in part on Schache, Richards & West. I hope these kids show them real motovation tomorrow.
    Someone wrote " Call Aussie Post quick! a package has gone missing..." haha
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

8. Likes bulldogtragic, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I know I really should 'grow up'. But few things give me as much pleasure as watching Stringer play a stinker. And the bombers getting belted.

Wasn't it truly sickening how the commentators were just SO in love with him. It was just jaw dropping.
    Hopefully Jake really soaks up the praise over the off season. Let's hope he bastes himself in it, drapes himself in it, steeps himself in it, marinates himself in it, bathes himself in it, showers himself in it.... and let's hope Jake continues to hover at this level of INCREDIBLE.
    The bombers are a bit of a cautionary tale for us. We can recruit 2-3 good players but having a balanced system that holds up under pressure is more important.
    Last edited by dog town; 07-09-2019 at 06:40 AM.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    The bombers are a bit of a cautionary tale for us. We can recruit 2-3 good players but having a balanced system that holds up under pressure is more important.
    Bombers have a shite system , not good in development, recruit players to make up the short fall in that area, thus filling their list with one two or three overpaid players because they had to pay overs to get them.
    We haven’t seen them recruit one mediocre player and improve them.
    It’s all about recruiting big names that are already set in the way they play and because the bombers have no playing system through the reserves and seniors these so called guns are trying to either play their own game or trying to pull them out of the shite.

I look at successful clubs the core is a group of players growing together and coming through a planned system for each player to have a role, Essendon are a wishy washy list of mediocre players with no guidance and rely on certain players brilliance but no actual team mantra .
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pies looked good last night but hard to read fully as Geelong had no speed and just looked like they were trying to survive.
    To me tigers, lions and us are the speed teams of this campaign.
    West coast are the big bully team and GWS are the inconsistent team that seems to be in between speed and bullying and don’t know their own identity.
    Interesting to see how it all pans out.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I didn’t need really take any pleasure from watching Dahl play like that. That isn’t the player he is/was with us and I am sure he will turn it back around - he played good footy early in the year. (Like his team did). Geelong are still very dangerous - they seemed to be beaten all over the ground but only lost by a single point.

Collingwood? Opposite really. The week off won’t help the likes of Stephenson and De Goey who NEED to play...and just like in the grand final last year they were (nearly) beaten in a game they should have won easily given domination of the ball due to their inability to score...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we’d do well against either side.

De Goey is likely to miss the rest of finals with his hammy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ because everything is coming together as I have foreseen to . If we get Geelong at any stage and knock them over I will reach the last pic in that Vince McMahon meme.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think we’d do well against either side.
    Problem is, we have to get past today, and GWS first,
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Dahl & Stringer play well but their teams lose. They were both part of making every woofers dream come true & i'll always be thankful for that.

Not sure what they're doing at Geelong but they seem to have a few big names who looked cooked to me. Ablett, Taylor & Selwood looked done. Haven't watched a lot of Geelong but everytime i have Selwood doesn't have an impact. Does his style of bang & crash contested footy taking its toll on him?

Neither team looked dangerous last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I feel like Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ because everything is coming together as I have foreseen to . If we get Geelong at any stage and knock them over I will reach the last pic in that Vince McMahon meme.
    For that to happen now it would be the Grand Final.

Can't see Geelong getting there.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured