Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Not enough people laying the boots in. They've been humiliated, would be really hurting. Now is the time to highlight their foibles, get personal and point and laugh in their faces. Emotionally cripple them. That's good, hard aggressive footy.

2. Likes Dry Rot, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    We won 19 games in our flag year as they did this year
    I’d say the pointy end was way better than it is now
    Some say our flag was a fluke , I call bullsh*t on that

Yup. We fluked a win against WC in Perth, fluked a win against the team that had won the three previous flags and then went to Sydney and fluked a win against the AFL's love child.

Whoever says that we fluked it in 2016 wouldn't know their arse from their elbow

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Not enough people laying the boots in. They've been humiliated, would be really hurting. Now is the time to highlight their foibles, get personal and point and laugh in their faces. Emotionally cripple them. That's good, hard aggressive footy.

I reckon that's close to being done. They have climbed the ladder to almost the top rung and have fallen off every time. They don't have the killer instinct to finish off the job. That thumping they took yesterday will do them untold damage-yesterday was their best chance to win a flag and it's all downhill from here.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    What's the old saying:

You can have a team of champions but you may never be a champion team.
    My old St Albans coach used to say a champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    My old St Albans coach used to say a champion team will always beat a team of champions.
    It's a Ron Barrassism. I assume that he picked it up from Norm Smith.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I reckon that's close to being done. They have climbed the ladder to almost the top rung and have fallen off every time. They don't have the killer instinct to finish off the job. That thumping they took yesterday will do them untold damage-yesterday was their best chance to win a flag and it's all downhill from here.
    Their best chance was in 2016, I reckon they would have destroyed the Swans.

Hope all these losses are long and painful memories never to be erased by the current group of arseholes at that club from the very top to the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Bucking the trend, and nobody likes a pile on more than I do, but the rest of the competition should be ashamed by how easily it handed a really good, but not excellent Richmond a flag.

GWS were excellent this finals series and deserved to be runners up more than any other team. That Richmond was able to win 11 in a row to win a grand final is an excellent effort. In fact, it's an amazing effort - but a decent competition could have stopped it.

The year we won we had 15 wins under our belt before making finals. That's a hard year.
    It’s a fair point but being fixtured 9 of their last 10 games at the G was a great gift by the AFL to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It’s a fair point but being fixtured 9 of their last 10 games at the G was a great gift by the AFL to them.
    You're not allowed to talk about that minor detail. But, I absolutely agree with you, it would be lovely if we were all able to get as much practice on the MCG throughout the year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.