Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Impossible not to love the way Brisbane have stood up these front-running arseholes.

Drowning in jealousy.

Fail you wretched fluoro league-sanctioned pricks.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Go Lions. Beat this pack pathetic bunch of self entitled dirty little idiots and send them home with their plastic tails between their legs. I know that folks do not like how many free kicks have been given but at least some of the holding behind play by the plastics was seen and punished early on. Unlike last week when Macrae etc often had one arm held without any response from umps. I

Did I see Thug Green clutch at a lions’ player’s face in first half in a pack?

Post Thanks / Like

Martin giving Mumford a bath. Hope he's not hurt

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane dominating and nothing to show for it. Very familiar. Hope it doesn't come back to bite them

Post Thanks / Like

There we go. Finally!

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel steals a goal in last 2 mins
    I hate them

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody Giants!

They are one of my most hated teams!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong AND GWS advancing?

Footy can get thoroughly stuffed.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

That was awesome. Finally a truly fantastic final.

Obviously not the result anyone here wanted, but I think I came out of tonight with more respect for GWS.

Yes they are dickheads, and that was on full display tonight, but their intensity, their aggression and their ability to stand up and absorb everything Brisbane threw at them and close that game out was seriously impressive. That goal from Daniel was great.

Brisbane were also very good but their last 10 minutes were so dumb. Repetitively bombing the ball to Christensen and an injured Cameron against a much taller and very physical GWS backline was so frustrating. They had to take a risk and try and change the angle, or run the ball further forward, basically anything different. Also were way too willing to allow the ball to get locked up in those last couple of minutes.

Shit result, but we know GWS are going to bring it against Collingwood next week. I am genuinely excited to watch it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes Dry Rot, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Brisbane lost that rather than GWS won. 19 inside 50 in the last for a poor return, the continual bombing the ball straight to GWS. Two posters didn't help either.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think Brisbane lost that rather than GWS won. 19 inside 50 in the last for a poor return, the continual bombing the ball straight to GWS. Two posters didn't help either.
    Nah you can frame it that way but i disagree.

If you replace GWS with the Bulldogs then all the chatter is about how in an opponents den where we had a mere fraction of the supporters we ground out the hard ball, we shut down their main movers we forced them to kick down the line to our intercept markers and how when we went down the other end we took our chances.

Brisbane could have been smarter, but framing it as a Brisbane loss instead of a GWS victory does the Giants a huge disservice.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Whitfield out of the Prelim with an appendicitis.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS star Lachie Whitfield out of prelim final with appendicitis
    Nathan Schmook
    PerthNow
    September 18, 2019 11:13AM
    TOPICS
    GWS Giants
    Collingwood Magpies
    The Game
    GWS Giants star Lachie Whitfield has been ruled out of Saturday’s preliminary final against Collingwood with appendicitis in a significant blow to the club’s premiership push.

Whitfield has been hospitalised and will undergo surgery, with the injury coming on the back of teammate Toby Greene’s one-match suspension, which will be appealed on Thursday night.

GWS coach Leon Cameron confirmed that Whitfield would miss at least one match.

“We’re confident it will just be one week. He obviously can’t play this weekend but we’ll be doing everything in our power to win this weekend and give him the opportunity to return if we progress,” Cameron said on Wednesday morning.

“It is what it is, these things happen. His health is more important than any game of footy.

“This group is very adaptable and we’ve learned to deal with lots of setbacks over the years.

Whitfield has been among the Giants’ most important players this season, averaging 27.8 disposals and 3.7 inside 50s as a hard-running midfielder who can push forward or into defence when needed.

He was considered unlucky to miss selection in the All-Australian squad, with a broken collarbone mi-season sidelining him for four matches.

Cameron said star midfielder Stephen Coniglio would also miss the preliminary final as he pushes to return from a serious knee injury.

“Stephen Coniglio trained well Saturday but doesn’t have enough load to play this weekend, we’ll assess again next week if we progress through.”

More to come

15. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he recovers well, and that has absence contributes to them being absolutely annihilated.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS have never won a game in which both Greene and Whitfield have missed. Huge stat.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers