Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Best stat of the night.
    His consistent 5 of the best prelims to watch

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the players they let go have come good : Hamling and McCarthy
    I hope we chase constable . He played 7 of the 9 games at the stArt of the season
    191cm / 86 kg midfielder. Big bodied mid

Post Thanks / Like

It was interesting to hear on the commentary post game that some believed Geelong needed to add experienced players to continue to perform at a high level ongoing. Perhaps that's actually right, but if they couldn't get it done with this group of players which players who are available to trade in can actually be better than the ones going out or declining? What would they have to spend to get hold of them?

What do they actually have to spend?

Chris Scott can coach. He's a bit of a dick sometimes, but he can. What would he be like if the Geelong management actually gave him a green light to rebuild like we all think he should? His players seem to play for him, irrespective of how we view them they do irrespective of their personal flaws, so can he actually get a refreshed or rebuilt list to do the same?

I bloody hate them, but you actually need to give credit to them for continually being either a bit short of the mark or thereabouts - after all, you can't win it if you're not (2016 aside, but we were clearly either the best or second best side that year when fit and proved it when it mattered). A lot of the commentary and adulation for them is afforded based on that. Perhaps there's a lot a club like ours could learn from the way they go about things
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Some of the players they let go have come good : Hamling and McCarthy
    I hope we chase Constable . He played 7 of the 9 games at the start of the season
    191cm / 86 kg midfielder. Big bodied mid
    While I rate Constable I'd be a bit surprised if we were that interested and if Geelong would consider letting him go without a very good player coming in or unless someone was prepared to pay overs for him like a first round draft pick
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Poor 2nd half. Had no answers at all for the Richmond wave.

Dangerfield had a dreadful 2nd half but we won't hear anything about it from the media. And they will lose Kelly, who was their best player by far tonight.

Prestia and Houli were fantastic tonight.
    Why wasnt he played in the guts? I had friends at the game and they were apoplectic as he was playing forward a lot second half.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Martin supposedly copped an injury early but he wouldn't chase and put the pressure on last night.
    If didn't get the first touch there was no second or third efforts.
    I wonder if he thinks he's above the basics.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Time to get back in the saddle and start rooting.

Richmond to demolish Geelong, with plenty of camera cuts to Chris Scott pouting all night and Harry Taylor limping off the ground after another failed finals series.

GWS to lose in agonising fashion, with Jeremy Cameron and/or Phil Davis making a game losing mistake late in Q4.
    Disappointed there wasn't enough shots of Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    It has been significant though G . They had injuries until about round 13 this year and they were out of the 8 .
    Top end players in their peak of their powers also . We had top end young players and some veterans. Credit to them to keep the hunger
    They certainly didn't get distracted once they one the flag. I look at them and think if we had been a top four team for the 2 years after winning the flag we would have 50K plus members. Thankfully the the President and the team have put us in such a stronger position financially though than ever before
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been a lacklustre finals series. Not many close or exciting matches, or brilliant footy. The most interesting match between GWS and Lions tarnished by the presence of Greene and the fact that he shouldn’t have been out there.

Last night...When Richmond lifted the Cats wilted so quickly. It never felt like they would win even when it was technically possible. Their skills were so poor at times, you wondered how they were top four, but again and again they get flattered by their advantage at Taxpayer Stadium.

Dangerfield would have to be disappointed that not only has he played in another losing PF but that he himself contributed to that loss by fading so badly when the heat was on.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    It’s been a lacklustre finals series. Not many close or exciting matches, or brilliant footy. The most interesting match between GWS and Lions tarnished by the presence of Greene and the fact that he shouldn’t have been out there.

Last night...When Richmond lifted the Cats wilted so quickly. It never felt like they would win even when it was technically possible. Their skills were so poor at times, you wondered how they were top four, but again and again they get flattered by their advantage at Taxpayer Stadium.

Dangerfield would have to be disappointed that not only has he played in another losing PF but that he himself contributed to that loss by fading so badly when the heat was on.
    I thought at half time the cats had them, but as you say they just wilted and couldn't get the ball anywhere near their forward line.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS have certainly come to play, just not able to convert their dominance in territory into goals.

I wish they could just cancel the season.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Davis down
    I think Richo’s not a great reader of lips
    Clearly says Calf

Post Thanks / Like

What a snore fest.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Strewth she's hot in the kitchen, it's gruelling viewing.

Come on you black and white bastards. Do it for Roughy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Toughie, do it for Collingwood!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite