Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Good on them they toughed it out and got the reward. I've got new respect for them, they're doing an us 2016 this finals series.
    If they do go all the way I think that quite rightly the effort will be around the mark and comparable to our 2016.

Week one, got one of form sides of the competition leading into the finals, but at home so not as difficult as our week one. The first home final offset by having to travel for the second final albeit against an inexperienced finals campaigner, versus us against the reigning premiers in Melbourne which is kind of a tie.

The preliminary finals are interesting. I think GWS at home in 2016 was a tougher ask than Collingwood at the MCG in 2019 for a travelling team, but that might be me being biased. What I would say however, is that in each preliminary final the conditions were perfect for the team fielded by GWS and the style they needed to play to win.

No question the grand final is going to be a tougher ask for GWS than it was for us. It's Richmond's home deck and we didn't have to travel in 2016 which definitely counts for something.

So their road has been a bit easier, but the big dance is probably more difficult.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeemak not sure you can say their road has been any easier. They had to travel to Brisbane and then to Melbourne.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Jeemak not sure you can say their road has been any easier. They had to travel to Brisbane and then to Melbourne.
    I know they did. We had to go to Perth and then Sydney which in my view was a bit tougher than having to go to Brisbane and then Melbourne in a year on year comparison. Their week one was a lot easier.

Briefly I've tried to justify why. Happy for you to counter.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS in the GF has ruined the whole year of football as far as I am concerned.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes well there is that aspect as well no doubt.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

So true BAD. A manufactured team is what they are.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bound to happen one year, given the advantages they have been given.

Classy presser from Bucks post match.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Bound to happen one year, given the advantages they have been given.

Classy presser from Bucks post match.
    Absolutely. It's funny how there's the perception from the petulant turds (and funnily enough non-GWS people) that the AFEL is against them and that City Hall wanted an all Victorian GF.

Nothing would be further from the truth. They have the second largest Melbourne club and their lovechild that has been mollycoddled completely since its inception in the big show. It's absolutely perfect for them, as it means the MCG will be pretty much full and their expenditure into the Western Sydney money pit is now justified.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a sad day for football.

Lets hope the real team wins next week. Do it for the game of football, Tigers.

Post Thanks / Like

God never thought I’d say this
    Go tigers
    Who’s Eyes does Grub scratch next week ?

Post Thanks / Like

I for one would not not be surprised if they gave the Tigers a touch up and the grub would probably win the Norm. Ah, my head hurts at the thought of it but you never know with football. Confidence is an amazing motivator.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    I for one would not not be surprised if they gave the Tigers a touch up and the grub would probably win the Norm. Ah, my head hurts at the thought of it but you never know with football. Confidence is an amazing motivator.
    It's not an unreasonable thought. No team in the eight has brought the level of intensity GWS has throughout the finals. Plus, they are loaded with talent and have done a really good job on three excellent midfields in a row. If they can do to Martin and Cotchin etc. what they did to Bont, Dunkley, Hunter, Neale, Sidebottom and Treloar and limit the second touch out then they're a chance to get it on their terms.

Their forward half is excellent, their defencive half is pretty good too. If they stay in it to half time they're a massive chance.

13. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A sad result for Aussie Rules. A GWS win next week really diminishes the value of a premiership going forward.

Spare me the bravery, underdog bullshit. They are doing exactly as they have been designed to do. That they havent yet done it already is a failing on them. Give them no credit, no respect.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t believe the level of hatred on here for GWS. They have played exactly as you would want your side to play. Unbelievable performance and at some point we just have to acknowledge that.

17. Likes Sedat, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GWS was given the biggest leg up in this completion to make sure they succeed in a quick space of time.
    Them winning a Grand final vindicates the AFL's manipulation of the system to quick path their success.
    Everyone else busted their arses and some nearly to extinction for 100 years.
    They can get stuffed.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...