Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It is 5,480 days without winning a final for Essendon. Best case add 365 more days before winning a final. That's 5,845 days.

Big club... 'Deserve' Good Friday Ove us... Players want to be traded there... All while not having a salary cap...

I hope you don't regret the next three years AMT

With some of his efforts tonight I'm glad he signed again with Essendon.

I'm glad they payed big for Shiel too. He's a shittruck.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's actually at perversion levels now. The myth's well and truly busted, but he just can't stop himself from getting up him.
    Might have to do with them doing a fair few sportsmanship nights ($$$) together. Surely no fans in neutral team land is buying it anymore. Maybe?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    With some of his efforts tonight I'm glad he signed again with Essendon.

I'm glad they payed big for Shiel too. He's a shittruck.
    Would be nice if them signing Shiel, which stopped them from getting Martin last year delivers Martin to us. May need to send Dodo a fruit basket to say thanks (all fruit infected with fruit fly).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Brian Taylor can't get off the Stringer shit show now after years of jumping up half hearted efforts. I wonder if he has regrets now...
    Taylor was going on about what a great year Stringer has had and in the next breath says "his tummy is sticking out of the bottom of his jumper.

So which is it? The ripped B&F winning superstar or roly poly Jakey?

Would be nice if them signing Shiel, which stopped them from getting Martin last year delivers Martin to us. May need to send Dodo a fruit basket to say thanks (all fruit infected with fruit fly).
    I'd be happy to deliver the fruit to Dodo personally. Thrown one piece at a time at pace. And the more rotten the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer getting some cheapies to try to hide his lack of effort. Nice try Jake.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew they wouldn't risk taking their eyes off the real prize which is the national trade week championship, which is still a few weeks away yet, by concentrating on this Mickey Mouse finals rubbish.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Twodogs, Topdog, craigsahibee, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew they wouldn't risk taking their eyes off the real prize which is the national trade week championship, which is still a few weeks away yet, by concentrating on this Mickey Mouse finals rubbish.
    Remembering their prize pick 11 from this smashing tonight is going to GWS for Shiel...

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer getting some cheapies to try to hide his lack of effort. Nice try Jake.
    He's had a fantastic year apparently. such a fantastic year. Here's his comparison with Sam Lloyd, who's had less tackles than Jake but hasn't managed midfield minutes, which Jake has to earn his 12 touches a game average.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S

So fantastic.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Thanks strebla thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The slaughter begins
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's had a fantastic year apparently. such a fantastic year. Here's his comparison with Sam Lloyd, who's had less tackles than Jake but hasn't managed midfield minutes, which Jake has to earn his 12 touches a game average.

So fantastic.
    Lloyd needs a 'cool' nickname. Maybe the hard worker-er? The effort-nator?

Post Thanks / Like

Junktime Jake
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So fantastic.

Jake Stringer Name Sam Lloyd
    Essendon Bombers Team Western Bulldogs
    Forward Position Midfield/Forward

How is Jake just a forward and LLoyd is a midfielder/forward? Lloyd has spent about as much time playing in our midfield this year as I have.

16. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nauseating hearing the commentary panel doing contortions to put lipstick on the turd that has been the Bombers' season. WHY?

They staggered arse first into September then embarrassed themselves in their only final and the coach is on death row.

Carey "Yeah, I'd give them a tick".

FMD.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Thanks Topdog, hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The slaughter begins
    The problem Essendon have is because they want to win trade week every year they don't draft enough top end talent to see a lot of growth in. Most of their good players at their best already. Hooker, Hurley, Heppell, Shiel etc have nowhere really to go. There's a few with development left, but if they were a stock I'd have sold the lot a while back. They have a lot of pain ahead and no stomach to do the overhaul to maybe win a final anytime within 20 years since the last one.

So good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Only negative tonight is Woosha likely to get sacked and they might get a half-decent coach now.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"