Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Only negative tonight is Woosha likely to get sacked and they might get a half-decent coach now.
    Is there a coach trade week they could win too? Winning both player and coach trade weeks would be amazing. Totes amazing.

While the best coaches have already been hired or re-signed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did NicNat just say to Worsfold as they were walking off? Woosher walked up to him to shake his and and Nick said something, turned his back and pointed to his shoulder. Worsfold just sort of snarled and walked away.

Maybe it was "If you ever send a dickhead like Belchambers out to snipe me like that again I will take it out on you"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Only negative tonight is Woosha likely to get sacked and they might get a half-decent coach now.
    Dick Reynolds is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The Package has reinvented himself to The soggy paper bag,
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself some popcorn and get scrolling.

You're welcome.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Thanks bulldogtragic, Dancin' Douggy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

You're welcome.
    Oh thank you! Crunch (that's the popcorn sound.)

This is a great stat!

over the past 50 years in finals, only Kevin Sheedy has coached us to a win (23 Wins & 20 Losses). Every other coach has tried 7 times (Make that 8 after tonight?) and lost them all

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome.
    Glorious. Just glorious.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The Package has reinvented himself to The soggy paper bag,
    He is overrated. Ha literally done nothing since 2015, infact he has gone backwards
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is overrated. Ha literally done nothing since 2015, infact he has gone backwards

I always knew it but far out Essington fans are delusional. They are convinced that Stringer played shit tonight because they rushed him back before he'd recovered from his injury. No, he was shit tonight because he appears to be eating lard straight from the tub...

13. Likes bornadog, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I always knew it but far out Essington fans are delusional. They are convinced that Stringer played shit tonight because they rushed him back before he'd recovered from his injury. No, he was shit tonight because he appears to be eating lard straight from the tub...
    He looked like a bit of a fat shit by AFL standards didn't he.

Jumpers these days are pretty tough on players, but it was noticeable with Jake after a couple of weeks off after apparently one of the most fantastic seasons ever (I can't believe he didn't make the AA Squad at least after 1.8 goals a game at 12.1 disposals whilst rotating through the midfield).

It's been a great night for sport in Australia tonight. WCE didn't look immediately convincing whilst pantsing Essendon, and Steve Smith puts together a great innings with support from our mediocre captain who had a well welcomed dash of form to make us super competitive in the cricket.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Oh thank you! Crunch (that's the popcorn sound.)

This is a great stat!

over the past 50 years in finals, only Kevin Sheedy has coached us to a win (23 Wins & 20 Losses). Every other coach has tried 7 times (Make that 8 after tonight?) and lost them all
    How's this for an excuse, asking why they go into finals underdone:

"Docklands.

The only teams to have won a flag out of there were is in 2000 without the accumulated effects, and WBD, on the back of 4 weeks of it all falling in place."

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome.
    This is just delicious reading. Up yours Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

I know I really should 'grow up'. But few things give me as much pleasure as watching Stringer play a stinker. And the bombers getting belted.

Wasn't it truly sickening how the commentators were just SO in love with him. It was just jaw dropping.
    Hopefully Jake really soaks up the praise over the off season. Let's hope he bastes himself in it, drapes himself in it, steeps himself in it, marinates himself in it, bathes himself in it, showers himself in it.... and let's hope Jake continues to hover at this level of INCREDIBLE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    There were two standout moments in the game that I thought 'yep that is why we are glad he no longer plays for us'.

Firstly a lame tackle on McGovern on the wing where McGovern easily fended Stringer off and secondly a piss poor attempt at a half volley when he could have gone harder at the ball and taken a mark (would have been a mark directly in front and Bombers would have been back within 18).

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that one in the goal square where he waited for the ball to bounce was appalling. Anyone with a shred of hunger or commitment in their body would have burst forward and marked that. It would have been impossible to defend against too.
    Lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    There were two standout moments in the game that I thought 'yep that is why we are glad he no longer plays for us'.

Firstly a lame tackle on McGovern on the wing where McGovern easily fended Stringer off and secondly a piss poor attempt at a half volley when he could have gone harder at the ball and taken a mark (would have been a mark directly in front and Bombers would have been back within 18).