Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  301
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 AFL Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    For that to happen now it would be the Grand Final.

Can't see Geelong getting there.
    Even better.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong will miss the finals next year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I have to say I didn’t need really take any pleasure from watching Dahl play like that. That isn’t the player he is/was with us and I am sure he will turn it back around - he played good footy early in the year. (Like his team did). Geelong are still very dangerous - they seemed to be beaten all over the ground but only lost by a single point.

Collingwood? Opposite really. The week off won’t help the likes of Stephenson and De Goey who NEED to play...and just like in the grand final last year they were (nearly) beaten in a game they should have won easily given domination of the ball due to their inability to score...
    Should clarify that Collingwood won by 10 points after easing off towards the line - with a lack of rotations after losing de Goey and Greenwood to injury. De Goey’s injury is said to be a low grade hammy, so you’d assume the week off would help, if anything. However your point stands on Stephenson and de Goey looked well off his normal pace, sharpness and explosiveness prior to going off. I reckon he’s a bit of a write off for this year’s finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought that THIS year.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I'd like to see Dahl & Stringer play well but their teams lose. They were both part of making every woofers dream come true & i'll always be thankful for that.

Not sure what they're doing at Geelong but they seem to have a few big names who looked cooked to me. Ablett, Taylor & Selwood looked done. Haven't watched a lot of Geelong but everytime i have Selwood doesn't have an impact. Does his style of bang & crash contested footy taking its toll on him?

Neither team looked dangerous last night.
    I went to the round 1 game between these two teams and it is easily the worst game I have ever seen live. They both were beyond horrible and don’t let the excitement of being close at the end let people tell you it was as great game, the game was an amateurish stinker. Sure you can say “It’s round 1” but I remember thinking that neither team would go anywhere near finals, never mind winning it.

I was wrong obviously, but last night I started to revert to my thinking that they are both pretty ‘meh’. We should have beaten Collingwood both times and I am convinced that it was the age/inexperience that left us short at the time, but we would definitely get them now.

If we can make the Prelim it is a much better result getting Collingwood than WC. If all this lines up everyone on here is obliged to buy a Hawthorn supporting mate a beer.

Post Thanks / Like

They need to properly rebuild now. Which they won't. Ablett, Taylor & Selwood X 2 look shot/will be shot by next year. Kelly looks to be leaving. Henderson, Tuohy & Hawkins are getting to veteran stage. Rohan won't help them win finals. Cockatoo can't stay uninjured.

They need to take their first rounder and Kelly picks to the draft and rebuild. I'm happy to wager they'll try to blow many of them on the Goldsteins, Stevens & Higgins etc that they think will deliver them premiership. I get the sense from the trade rumours that they see their list very differently from people outside their bubble.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Kardinia Park exists, and the cannon fodder they generally get sent they will always be around the 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They need to properly rebuild now. Which they won't. Ablett, Taylor & Selwood X 2 look shot/will be shot by next year. Kelly looks to be leaving. Henderson, Tuohy & Hawkins are getting to veteran stage. Rohan won't help them win finals. Cockatoo can't stay uninjured.

They need to take their first rounder and Kelly picks to the draft and rebuild. I'm happy to wager they'll try to blow many of them on the Goldsteins, Stevens & Higgins etc that they think will deliver them premiership. I get the sense from the trade rumours that they see their list very differently from people outside their bubble.
    I see a lot similar to his brother at Nth in this, load up with old players hoping to pinch a flag but they will all
    Retire within two years and drop signicantly.
    Bring back the biff

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll hardly ever miss finals because they are guaranteed 7-8 wins minimum at their crappy little regional toy ground. But they will hardly ever truly contend in September precisely because of said crappy little regional toy ground.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we say that about them at the end of last year?

They have an absolutely charmed existence during the home and away season. Get to play games at their genuine Victorian home ground and then get to play plenty of others in Victoria that multiple teams call their home ground and that Geelong play at regularly.

These factors alone will ensure they remain right in the hunt to finish top eight.

I couldn't be happier they lost last night. The level of entitlement they display throughout their entire club and its supporters has pushed me to a level where I'm actively advocating for Collingwood to be successful. That's pretty entitled.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I'd like to see Dahl & Stringer play well but their teams lose. They were both part of making every woofers dream come true & i'll always be thankful for that.

Not sure what they're doing at Geelong but they seem to have a few big names who looked cooked to me. Ablett, Taylor & Selwood looked done. Haven't watched a lot of Geelong but everytime i have Selwood doesn't have an impact. Does his style of bang & crash contested footy taking its toll on him?

Neither team looked dangerous last night.
    I'd happily and genuinely shake Stringer"s or Dahl's hand and say thank you for helping to make a dream (that I thought would never happen) come true.

I just don't want their shit truck football teams winning is all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I went to the round 1 game between these two teams and it is easily the worst game I have ever seen live. They both were beyond horrible and don’t let the excitement of being close at the end let people tell you it was as great game, the game was an amateurish stinker. Sure you can say “It’s round 1” but I remember thinking that neither team would go anywhere near finals, never mind winning it.

I was wrong obviously, but last night I started to revert to my thinking that they are both pretty ‘meh’. We should have beaten Collingwood both times and I am convinced that it was the age/inexperience that left us short at the time, but we would definitely get them now.

If we can make the Prelim it is a much better result getting Collingwood than WC. If all this lines up everyone on here is obliged to buy a Hawthorn supporting mate a beer.
    I dunno about beer. That might be a bit too stimulating for a Hawthorn supporter. We could fill their thermos full of tea though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

14. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Didn't we say that about them at the end of last year?

They have an absolutely charmed existence during the home and away season. Get to play games at their genuine Victorian home ground and then get to play plenty of others in Victoria that multiple teams call their home ground and that Geelong play at regularly.

These factors alone will ensure they remain right in the hunt to finish top eight.

I couldn't be happier they lost last night. The level of entitlement they display throughout their entire club and its supporters has pushed me to a level where I'm actively advocating for Collingwood to be successful. That's pretty entitled.
    In a sense it's their achilles heel because it keeps them nice and comfy and shields them from building a style that's truly finals-compatible.

During last night's game a Lions-supporting mate and I amused ourselves quipping about the Cats' post-game presser a la Scott's unwillingness to acknowledge Charlie Cameron's influence in knocking them over a few weeks back.

Sure enough, "I'll reserve my judgement on the impact Grundy had ..."

Oh Scotty, don't ever change.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep it up scott . Your arrogance blindsides , your team’s ageing list , favoured fixture, and lack of respect for opposition players
    Cameron kicked 6 goals , thats a fair effort
    Keep up the good work
    I will enjoy seeing Geelong hype I’d make finals and splutter again next year
    Interesting how some some players have Become better after leaving like McCarthy , Hambling etc...
    they are in trouble with the ruck and their midfield next year
    Last edited by macca; 07-09-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a big Mohicek fan. Just works hard, you have to respect effort
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes macca, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a big Mohicek fan. Just works hard, you have to respect effort
    Yep he is almost always involved in the match because of it. Similar work ethic to Trengove although more effective.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.